Tesco Store Refuses Entry To Disabled Boy Using Walking Frame

July 26, 2013

Readers, I’m boycotting Tesco starting today, Why? Because I’ve just seen this photo on Facebook of a lovely child who was, according to his mother’s description of the photo, refused entry to his local Tesco store because he was using a walking frame.

I’m shocked beyond belief at the behaviour of the Tesco staff.

boycott tescos

Can NOT believe my little boy got refused entrance today at Tesco, Oysterly store, as he was using his walking frame!!!!
I am so disgusted with how I was treated, needless to say I will never shop in that store again, seriously considering never to shop with them again.

To those wondering if this story is true- it has been covered in the Evening Standard.

1. Stewart permalink
    July 26, 2013 7:50 am

I am thinking that all disabled people should boycott Tesco, and perhaps we should arrange protests at our own local stores, we can block the roads and entrances with Mobility Aids and wheelchairs.

Let us truly make Tesco see the error of their ways and pay for this in Hard Cash!

2. July 26, 2013 9:03 am

it’s David Cameron’s society we live in he’s the leader of the pack and that’s how the public like it with many like him in all walks of life including tesco

the public will only act as the leader acts he sets the overall standard and if the public don’t like him then you have to change the leader

i mean if i were the leader you would have no blog as you would have no need for it
    simple really

3. ispeakitasitis permalink
    July 26, 2013 9:35 am

I am boycotting Tescos for other reasons ie stealing money of me. I am a disabled person. I totally agree with the boycott

4. July 26, 2013 10:07 am

I’m joining the BOYCOTT of TESCO IMMEDIATELY. This is DISGUSTING.

5. Shaun Jennings permalink
    July 26, 2013 12:20 pm

According to Disability Discrimination Act it has been against the law to refuse access for disabled people to goods or services without reasonable explanation. There may be a case to put to your lawyer for unfair discrimination. If more people did this then more goods and services would get their act together and make life less of a struggle for disabled people and there families or carers.

6. Denis Haigh permalink
    July 26, 2013 8:26 pm

They are arsx holxx they should be taken to court, God forbid if they become disabled. I would have made a stand and not left the store and called the local,papers and the police, total discrimination, if it was over colour, or religion this would be daily TV news. Tesco get a life as one day you may be in the same position.

1. London Tesco Refuses Blind Woman’s Guide Dog | Same Difference