Allen Vincent: Man With Asperger’s Arrested For Tweeting

November 16, 2013

Readers, please sign and share this.

Please help sign this to raise awareness for Edlington resident Allen Vincent. He suffers from a list of health problems, including Asperger’s Syndrome. He has been treated terribly by a wide range of people because of his disability, and has no care or support. In his frustration, Allen made his opinions known on twitter, some threatening, but had no intention of hurting anyone. He was arrested and treated terribly by local police. Allen was just being himself, a disabled,vulnerable man who is crying out for someone to help. He now finds himself in police custody. This petition will be sent to his local MP Caroline Flint in an attempt to get the help he deserves.

1. Geraldine Whelan permalink
    November 16, 2013 2:13 am

OMG I know someone exactly like this who is at crisis point. So much so, he has been referred to the Crisis Team 3 times in 2 weeks, the 3rd time he was admitted under them by the assessing doctor, who told him they would be out to see him that day. They never came. Every law against humanity is being broken by this government.

2. November 16, 2013 10:43 am

i have been told by the DWP that those with mental illness should not be using twitter or facebook so yes this is a very true story

• A4e Sucks permalink
      November 16, 2013 2:18 pm

So the DWP is now trying to dictate what people who suffer from mental illness can and can’t do in their spare time?! Outrageous! Re. how Allen has been treated, it just shows how ignorant society is about ‘hidden’ disabilities.

3. Robert Raven permalink
    November 16, 2013 12:45 pm

Nick can you give me info on this about DWP as I will challenge (@Ravmat on Twitter)

• November 16, 2013 2:28 pm

i cant Robert as I’m not prepared because of my own bad health to get involved with there rules and regulations as i suspect they only warn people like myself at a local level in their own home who are ill plus the fact they keep a eye on me

For a quite life i do as I’m told as that is what my doctor advises me and to stay away of any type of controversy

i would love to be involved if i wasn’t so ill but sometimes in life it pays to take a back seat

4. November 18, 2013 10:45 am

Does anyone know if I could get in touch with Allen about his treatment by the police? This is really shocking and I would like to interview him for the online magazine where I work.

5. December 13, 2013 8:15 pm

Thank you everyone. I am AllenVincent489 My first night free but not for long… My brave 76yo Mum beryl is at my house 4 Tait Avenue, Edlington, Doncaster, South Yorkshire, DN12 1HD and Mum’s house where the HELP sign was since last year 26.5.2012 that so many people & organisations hushed up in evil village of 44 Dorman Avenue, Aylesham, Nr Canterbury, Kent CT3 3BW.
    My twitter, vimeo, telly and metcafe is also under AllenVincent489 Hope people can see I’m also being set up in so many ways by over 84 organisations,some would shock you. If I end up back in Prison my number is A4966CW please feel free to write to me with a self addressed envelope with stamp and I WILL reply. Mum and I are both so grateful, if not for support I would’ve killed myself at HMP Elmley as, as always 25.11.2013 kangeroo court at Folkestone was totally set up against me, extreme criminal violations of ALL known laws by the system.

• simon ho permalink
      September 2, 2014 4:17 pm

You only need to google Allen Vincent to see how much of a nutcase he is. Using your disabilities as an excuse is not big or cleaver. Covering yourself in excrement has nothing to do with your illness. Reading your twitter feeds shows why you need to be sectioned

1. Terrible Update On Allen Vincent | Same Difference