Eyewitness: Seen Outside Job Centre

February 13, 2014

Spotted here.

I’ve just seen this outside Devizes Job Centre:
A man standing crying and and so distressed he wet himself. He was saying ” they won’t help me! They won’t let me have any money! They say I’ve used all my foodbank vouchers”.
He proceeded to collapse to the ground and curl up in a ball, his arms around his dog. Two passers by were supporting him. One went to buy him some food & the other had gone to get him a blanket. Several people averted their eyes and hurried past!
I couldn’t do any more than was already being done for him, though I would have liked to help. I cried my eyes out for him and cried in anger at the vile, despicable people who are sitting in the Job Centre a few feet away doing absolutely nothing!!!
I cannot believe what is happening in this country.
This system is totally horrendous, obnoxious and despicable!

Shared because I agree with the last sentence!

All those people looking for stories of life on benefits, stories of what happens at Job Centres, share this. All those people saying food banks are a ‘choice,’ a ‘lifestyle,’ a ‘habit,’ read this and think twice.

1. February 13, 2014 4:47 pm

It makes me feel like crying too. I remember crying all the way home from the Job Centre feeling utterly suicidal because of the way staff bullied me.
    Such a cruel world we live in now.

2. The Wayward Nana permalink
    February 13, 2014 5:04 pm

Reblogged this on The Wayward Nana and commented:
    oh my lord its time foreign aid was brought in to help our vulnerable people as to me it seems they are being treated like those in the past were treated. ethnically type cleansing the UKs poorest and disabled. where have we heard this before? please lets help these people who have no option than to starve borrow or steal?

The tory party and the libral demorats have got blood on their evil greedy hands. id like to find this poor soul and give him my last pennies because right now it sounds like he needs it far more than i do.

3. February 13, 2014 5:05 pm

This TORY government are turning our country into a selfish and uncaring society crimes against the working class on housing benefit taxed on a spare room,,people under 25 getting no help ,,cutting people of benefits at a whim,,shoving people into zero hour contracts,,making people work for benefit and not a wage,,making people work for less than a living wage,,putting children into poverty in this country,,cutting back on everything and stigmatising people who struggle to feed there families and disabled and pensioners ,,this TORY are no better than the DICTATORS of other Countries,,Sick MP.s that are killing people who cannot cope….THATS the Country we are now living in …I am Totally ashamed of our prime minister and our GOVERNMENT….

4. February 13, 2014 5:34 pm

Reblogged this on Diary of an SAH Stroke Survivor.

5. February 13, 2014 5:36 pm

Lost for words DISGUSTING

6. Kay permalink
    February 13, 2014 5:53 pm

But we’re apparently a wealthy country, with money no object. Poor man, I hope the good Samaritans were able to help. I have friends in that area, will share.

7. jaypot2012 permalink
    February 13, 2014 6:33 pm

I wish I could cry but I have no tears left 😦
    That poor man. No-one deserves to be in such a state. No-one deserves to be in poverty, with no food and no heating.
    If I could have helped I would have done, I certainly wouldn’t have averted my eyes as that could be me next time 😦

8. Alyson Fletcher permalink
    February 13, 2014 6:39 pm

As I posted on a site earlier today, without being disrespectful to all those that have been flooded, why are we now being told money is no object?? When our ick, disabled poor being left cold, hungry and in despair daily? I know as I have been treated so badly by the system .Why because I am now disabled], through no fault of my own. I have been asked if I am lazy , and why don’t I do more to help my self by benefit staff. xx

9. jefffrey davies permalink
    February 13, 2014 7:23 pm

but this happens daily unemployed sick disabled their benefits stopped all because greed got in their way yet bankers walk around freely still screwing us but then when did the rich worry about those who haven’t nowt has rtu hase taken even their paultry money away so that they beg starve or just give up isn’t Britain a slum were the rich fag it out with our money while you and I starve jeff3

10. February 13, 2014 8:54 pm

I am so desperately trying to find this man 😦 i live in devizes i have food and my husband and i will take it to him can anyone help with an identification??

11. karen permalink
    February 13, 2014 11:57 pm

god love the soul!!! 😦 it makes you so angry that this is happening in this day and age and yet people pretend they dont see it until it happens to them! x

12. February 14, 2014 3:28 pm

i feel for this man and many other people like him. my own 19yr old grandaughter was sanctioned for 6month recently. apparently because she failed to attend an appointment she knew nothing about. (this has happened to others i know too.)she was told if she stopped signing on she could sign on again straightaway and avoid the sanction. dont know who told her that but is utter rubbish. but she had stopped her claim before talking to her family. now she cant sign back on till the 6 months is up so loses out on her stamps for that period..she lives with her disabled father who only get ESA not DLA. he is having to feed her etc which means bills are now starting to remain unpaid. the stress will soon mount up for them. the family can only do so much.and they say more cuts are on the way/ God help us all.

13. leoni permalink
    February 14, 2014 8:02 pm

Its too disgusting and cruel for words. Hang your heads in shame, you know who you are

14. Cheryl Price permalink
    February 14, 2014 8:04 pm

Yes utterly disgusting but then again what would you expect from the filthy scumbag Tories.

15. Stephen. permalink
    February 14, 2014 11:42 pm

Would you like to do something really courageous this weekend ? YES/NO
    Support YOUR local food bank and give generously its for YOUR area, and walk away with pride and a smile on your face THANK YOU.

16. Marie Barker permalink
    February 15, 2014 9:28 am

When will this government realise that a healthy society needs a future that includes everyone and not just a day to day existance that is affecting so many people with zero contract hours, unaffordable homes, low pay, the list goes on and on. The cost to self esteem and pride will be unmeasurable and mental health issues will be epidemic in this country.

17. February 15, 2014 12:58 pm

Reblogged this on Carole… and commented:
    Sharing because I can’t bear seeing what this Government is doing to its own people.

18. October 12, 2014 10:50 am

Reblogged this on Britain Isn't Eating.

1. we need some help asap! | The Wayward Nana