Advertisements

ATOS Have Quit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

March 27, 2014

ATOS have quit their contract today. They’ve quit. Gone. Got lost. Buzzed off.

The BBC want your thoughts on ATOS and WCAs. So do I.

My personal thoughts? Good riddance.

atos demo

Advertisements
  1. Barry Davies permalink
    March 27, 2014 12:48 pm

Well they won’t be missed, hopefully they will go from every other contract they have with the uk government as well. The only problem is that we are unlikely to get anything better because the government will move on to another inept private company instead of leaving it up to GP’s. with common sense instead of the idiot sheet approach.

2. BombNumber20 permalink
    March 27, 2014 12:51 pm

Well straight off the top of my head I would describe them as; unfit for purpose, rent seeking, unethical, box ticking yes men/women – but that’s just me.

3. March 27, 2014 12:57 pm

Ian Duncan Smith should be next to go with his fcuked up policies, my thoughts go out to the friends and families of those who lost their lives no thanks to ATOS and IDS

4. Henrietta Sandwich permalink
    March 27, 2014 1:02 pm

So, what happens now? Is some other scab firm going to take over, or will the WCAs be abolished?

5. March 27, 2014 1:03 pm

Over the last 4 years I have had to take my disabled wife to be assessed by ATOS on 4 occasions. On three of those occasions she was declared fit for work. In one of those cases our written appeal was accepted, but in the other two we had to go to court to get the right decision made.
    The cost of these appeals must be astronomical compared to getting it right first time, and it’s the tax payer that ends up footing the bill.
    If someone working for me made catastrophic mistakes 75% of the time, the would’t keep their job very long.
    I really don’t think ATOS will be missed, but I do have concerns about who is going to replace them.

6. March 27, 2014 1:21 pm

they contributed to many deaths and that is the main reason to get out before being taken to court and be tried for their crimes against humanity

tony benn may not be with us any more but there are a few like myself who will continue to fight for the corner of the sick and disabled

ATOS like the DWP have always have maintained their innocence but with so many deaths that have happened over the past few years it would be taken their toll on the decent staff that work there and with many more deaths to follow in the coming years those staff will have to get out to stay alive themselves as to kill off all the sick and disabled will take time even Hitler found that to be true as do all Communist regimes dictators

7. Phillip Richards permalink
    March 27, 2014 1:25 pm

Were they pushed and did they take the money with them ?

8. Ken Webb permalink
    March 27, 2014 1:33 pm

Money grabbing and unfit for purpose? scapegoat? Yes. The whole thing has been a disaster from start to finish. DWP, IDS and Mike Penning get away Scot free. And they keep ATOS sweet with the PIP and other valuable contracts. Just read Mike Pennings announcement and my disgust at his excuses that everything was the previous governments fault typifies what any control freak would say when they have been caught out.

9. Mr jeffrey l davies permalink
    March 27, 2014 2:06 pm

atos might have gone but their people are going to be the ones taking over by a new company nothings changing in reality it will be the same all over again atos hasn’t gone just got stronger thrice new contracts its has selling your medical records there are another two rewards they got also nothings changed jeff3

10. March 27, 2014 2:06 pm

The real culprits are DWP and its minister as they wasted hard-earned taxpayers’ money on the whole farce as well as creating deaths, worsening conditions and loss of homes amongst innocent benefit claimants – more than the losses in Afghanistan and within a shorter length of time.

Accountability is paramount by all political parties, both main parties are totally to blame for not carrying out quality Impact Assessments to those processes in the first place.

At the end of the day we need the issues to return to common-sense civil servants, less waste, more direct processes and more fairness all around.

Too many of us – even us Deaf & Disabled people at work and not in work – are feeling particularly vulnerable by the faceless bureaucracy and denial of responsibility for errors; this should not even happen in this day and age!!

11. jason permalink
    March 27, 2014 2:17 pm

it’s great, but it doesn’t help when you find so many mixed pieces of information about them quitting. Example, they are continuing with pip in certain areas and apparently still doing new wca’s and dealing with reassessments until early next year is what I could find, but if they have quit early why are they doing any form of tests?? Or should that be, ARE they doing any more tests or is that now it until a new company can be brought in? Do you still get reassessed if you’ve sent a renew esa form back BEFORE the 20th jan? It’s very confusing and worrying!

12. March 27, 2014 3:24 pm

its the government that has to go…atos were merely the tools,following orders.the government must be held to account,they are blaming atos,yet they did what the government told them to do.it was on that programme last year.what company in their right mind would want this contract? are the public realising what is happening,or are they going to believe it is all atos fault.

13. Maz permalink
    March 27, 2014 4:31 pm

atos failed me probs are worse than ever but i know they are doing the pip assessments so ill just be housebound instead my hamsters got more social life and mobility than me right now
    why hasnt ids cameron clegg etc been excecuted for murder yet

14. Daniel permalink
    March 27, 2014 4:39 pm

Take that, ATOS! And don’t come back! EVER!

15. Emily permalink
    March 27, 2014 6:44 pm

Hi
    I have been effected so badly by the process I started first assessment no problem then second assessment zero points I had no one to go with to my assessment but my nurse not qualified to know my issues my gp says with all my conditions good I stopped work as I would have ended up in a wheel chair I have a bulging disc in my back dehydrated spine so the disc comes out when it wants syatica hurts to do everything the simpalist tasks impossible I. Had depression anxiety nerves insomnia an sadly self harm which i did start when this process started.I don’t go out I don’t socialise I had a lot of emotional issues due to my family verbally abusing me all my life made me feel like nothing but I’ve never stopped fighting at the time of deciding I needed to find out what was wrong with m I had a business I was building up I worked very hard an to have the life I’ve had an still want to fight I don’t take drugs or drink or go out unless its birthdays or Xmas but despite all this atos said zero points ur fit for work I was in shock upset everything scared it broke me due to them using an old phone number I had to wait until appeal along time later I went to citizens advise they were an amazing help they picked it up for me I was broken by having no money £10 a week after bills to live off to eat an to get to appointments ECt but 9 months later been told I could claim disability was my saviour that was fine I’m going to be going through the pip process I’m petrified but due to the way the dwp atos conduct the whole process is wrong due to going through that I’m a nervous reck I self my anxeitys got bad enough I’m asking if i can start taking medication to help as the mental health service are another let down, I wanted to end my life thats what atos did to me why why why would i want to suffer this hell im scared for life everytime the post comes everytime the phone rings when is my life going to crumble why would i do this for the fun of been off work id work if i could it would be alot easier than suffering i have no choice im 30!!!! i was in my appeal mine I was in there for 5 min he ask me q1 an it was in a few points an he just said we can clearly see ur not well an ordered the dwp to leave me alone for 24 due to the emotional distress it had put me. though
    I hate you atos I hate what you’ve done to me I’m a shell

16. March 27, 2014 9:33 pm

Reblogged this on Through My Eyes and commented:
    I live in hope that this will spell a new era of better care and assessment.

17. March 28, 2014 12:56 am

They rang me yesterday as I had an appointment today to remind me, I had been reading up on who I should be seen by and asked if I would see a Doctor the Lady said no so I explained in my case I should be seen by a Doctor she agreed nicely and said she`d rebook so hopefully with this good news that they`ve gone I wont be seeing anyone

18. March 28, 2014 9:06 am

Whatever Atos did it was government policy to find the sick and disabled fit for work and the result was the 10600 deaths between January 2011 and November 2011 when the figures were too vexatious for anyone to know. The contract and the actual medicals were misleading deliberately with repeat medicals standard meaning the company was paid multiple times for undertaking the same work and if you had serious problems you would always have a time when you would be cured requiring another new assessments meaning the company had a revolving client base. It was a win win contract that was written by someone who was either incompetent or criminally involved. How can you have a company that contributes to the deaths of so many and not held to account? I personally attended to assessments to have most of the facts ignored and the subsequent reports having lies written and lying by omission as the norm

19. mair permalink
    July 12, 2014 7:38 pm

atos haven’t gone anywhere, still have to put up with them til their contract ends

20. Chris Hurworth permalink
    August 29, 2014 5:16 pm

29/08/2014.. I hate to burst everyone’s bubble but Atos have not quit and are in fact continuing to do re/assessments until their contract expires in Aug 2015. How do I know? They told me themselves on the phone after they called me in for yet another assessment which is taking place on Mon 1st Sept

• August 30, 2014 5:32 pm

They lie during the assessments and they lie about withdrawing from the contract. Atos just lie

21. jeffrey davies permalink
    August 31, 2014 7:05 am

chris i hope you asked for it to be recorded atos has you say hasnt gone they got till 2020