A Care Home Worker Blew A Whistle On Abuse. You Won’t Believe What Happened Next.

April 12, 2014

I’m shocked. Shocked. Shocked.

What happened to all the promises the Government made after Winterbourne View? At this moment, it seems they were all empty words.

Please share this as widely as you can.

Share it with David Cameron.

Share it with Nick Clegg.

Share it with Ed Miliband.

Heck, share it with Nigel Farage.

Tell them that they have to fix this, and fast.

Otherwise the storm created by Winterbourne View will have blown over forever.

Readers, I watched Winterbourne View unfold on my TV screen. Simon and Simone could so easily have been my best friends. I won’t let there be another Winterbourne View. I can’t.

1. allan j permalink
    April 12, 2014 6:36 pm

try putting this on 38degrees or avaz

2. April 12, 2014 6:54 pm

Reblogged this on stevebmackie and commented:
    Please read an share

3. kendrick fowler permalink
    April 12, 2014 7:06 pm

Hi Chris firstly the company has acted illegally in sacking your niece as a company is not allowed to sack someone or Harass someone WHO is a Whistle blower. She should also ask her Jobcentre for a form to appeal a decision and maybe contact her Local citizens advice bureau to see what other action she can take

• April 12, 2014 10:32 pm

Mandatory reconsideration first, then appeal at tribunal, then meanwhile anything up to 14 days for re consideration and good wait for tribunal only this plucky and good hearted kind person will get is a measly hardship allowance,

4. Nick permalink
    April 12, 2014 7:08 pm

that is pretty standard across the UK not just in care you have to remember that sex abuse is rife in the house of commons hence the speaker setting up a hotline

the uk overall is a very sad place to live you only have to look to the tv and its programs that are broadcast daily and this has been going on for fifty years to my personal knowledge so it’s no wonder that you will find abusers all over the country in all types of work covering a wide range of subjects

there should be a hotline that the public can use that is independent so that acts of abuse can be dealt with ASAP and acted upon without any come back on those that have reported the abuse

false reporting as always should be referred on to the police once an allegation has been found to be innocent but with the right sort of staff on hand to lead an investigation in to any abuse you can be sure that those that are deemed vulnerable should find their lives better

The DWP abuse people in a whole manor of ways and get away with it year after year just as Jimmy savile did and with abuse of all types on the rise i don’t think the uk will ever get it right as i think that those that run the government are just abusers without even knowing themselves that they are’ it’s in their blood and you cant change that

5. Henrietta Sandwich permalink
    April 12, 2014 7:14 pm

The share buttons on this site disappeared for a while. Could that have been government interference?

6. April 12, 2014 7:50 pm

THE UK IS PRODUCING 3 TYPES OF PEOPLE NOW… 1.ABUSERS. 2.FIGHTERS FOR OUR RIGHTS AND 3.THOSE WHO SIMPLY CANNOT COPE WITH WHATS GOING ON IN THIS COUNTRY ESPECIALLY, BUT WORLDWIDE.TOO….NO ESCAPE FROM IT. NO WONDER PEOPLE TAKE THEIR OWN LIVES. OR DIE THROUGH STRESS ETC. THEY ARE GIVING UP.
    AND IF ANYONE DARES PUT ME IN A HOME WHILE I STILL HAVE MY FACULTIES AND BRAIN WORKING ILL COME BACK AND HAUNT THEM.WHEN I KICK THE BUCKET (SO MY KIDS BETTER BEWARE.) UNLESS I HAVE TO GO IN ONE BECAUSE IVE LOST IT, AND THEY CANT COPE, AS LONG AS I’M UNAWARE BUT THEY KEEP TABS ON WHATS GOING ON (IF ANYTHING) THEN THEY’LL BE SAFE.

7. April 12, 2014 8:53 pm

Truly horrendous, but par for the course in the UK. We are watched and we are punished. 1984 has been and gone, folks – we’re living it.

8. Shaun permalink
    April 12, 2014 9:21 pm

Hi Hugosmum70
    There are some very articles on this topic and similar in this month’s ‘the psychologist'(vol. 27 no.4, April 2014). They are under the heading ‘Charting the mind and body economic’ and put together by the The Midlands Psychology Group (www.midpsy.org). Essentially they are concerned psychologists have become a tool of government used to calm down and mis-direct the anger of those in groups 2 and 3 who have had enough of a overwhelmingly unfair country.

9. April 12, 2014 9:26 pm

I used to do care work for an agency, as an agency worker it was difficult to know who to report to about ill treatment, though whenever I reported to the agency (as we had been advised) I would be told that particular home did not want me back and reprimanded! The worst one was finally looked into, many staff fired and the home closed so I was very relieved to hear but it still goes on, cruelty and lack of care abound as more unsuitable people are pushed into these jobs (particularly agency work) by jobcentres.

10. Vix permalink
    April 12, 2014 9:36 pm

http://www.cqc.org.uk Top right hand button that says Concerns about care tell us here. They will forward it to the local authority safeguarding team who will investigate. Put names, dates, as much detail as she remembers. Authorities cannot do anything unless you TELL them!!!

11. April 12, 2014 11:12 pm

Reblogged this on Social Action.

12. April 13, 2014 1:02 pm

i know she blew the whistle,and shes been sanctioned but she doe the right thing ,Its disgusting that sticking up for something you believe in ,gets you the sack and sanctioned,id of gone to the police,,,,,,,WELL DONE for spilling the beans.hope you get paid soon .

13. Annarchy permalink
    April 13, 2014 1:55 pm

A similar thing happened to me. I too witnessed innapropriate behaviour in a care home and reported it to the social services. After suffering harrassment by managers and colleagues, I was fired with the flimsiest of reasons. My job centre advisor told me I shouldn’t have reported the incident and if I hadn’t had another job lined up I’m sure I would have been sanctioned.

14. Mr Fox permalink
    April 13, 2014 6:40 pm

name and shame the home and the workers responsible then send a few people round to show them physically that physical abuse isnt a very nice thing to do if you get my meaning.
    few slapped arses and others may think twice. oops did they really slip into my fist oh dear what a shame.

15. Mary Anderson permalink
    April 14, 2014 12:52 am

That’s the problem today, you do the descent thing and your sacked, and then on top of this the job centre sanction you, what a world we live in. Makes you scared of getting old. I agree this should be sent to all mp’s to let them see that there promises that this would not be allowed to happen again is happening all over Britain . This happened to a freind of mine she was also sacked , she took them to a tribunal, got all her lost earnings back, they also gave her the chance of her job back which she declined, how are good people incouraged to whistleblow when this is what happens to them. Shame on the job centre.

16. Wirral In It Together permalink
    April 15, 2014 11:20 pm

The most efficient and well oiled machine we have is the one that moves a whistleblower or complainant from employed to unemployed. Each time this occurs, a message is sent out to EVERY ONE OF US:

“Don’t do it. Don’t even think about it. It’s not worth it. You will lose your livelihood.”

Twas ever thus… and these bastards in power demand your fear and your conformity. They know that strong, honest people hold the key to exposing every last trace of their crookedness.

Still, if you see it happening, SPEAK UP. DON’T be a bystander if you want to live with your conscience.

1. A Care Home Worker Blew A Whistle On Abuse. You...