A Drop In The Ocean… A JobCentre Story

March 17, 2015

An extract from here.

I am a student with Open University. That means I am a full time student, but only considered part time by the government because Open University does not qualify for any student maintenance.

I am mentally ill, and my doctor agrees that I am mentally disabled by this as it affects my day-to-day life and ability to function.

I was made redundant on 28th March 2014 from the Civil Service. Before this, ATOS had declared me unfit to work. After this, they said otherwise.

I work a minimum of 4 hours a week with a new employer. I do not often get overtime. I am paid minimum wage. My mother works in the same place.

I am also self-employed, and run my own business, but have made no money in over a year. The business has no losses.

1. March 17, 2015 8:13 am

2. March 17, 2015 9:11 am

Reblogged this on John D Turner.

3. March 17, 2015 11:37 am

Reblogged this on Citizens, not serfs and commented:
    Read the full account. It will horrify you.

4. March 17, 2015 12:42 pm

The manner in which this individual has been abused (there is no other word to describe it) by numerous dwp staff is indicative of an orchestrated agenda to bully and undermine the most vulnerable of our citizens. What stuns me is where on earth do they find the cretins who appear to be happy to bring misery down on peoples lives. What makes these strange inhumane creatures tick. One day perhaps we can put one of them under the microscope of human kindness and find out why they are so rotten inside. We’re just doing our job won’t be accepted as a reason for the vile way they treat human beings. One day there will be, like nurenberg a reckoning and nobody will be able to lie about their inhumanity to their fellow man.

5. jaypot2012 permalink
    March 17, 2015 5:59 pm

I would go straight for advice from any advisory service that she can. I would see if any member of a union or a union lawyer could go with you to the JC+. You are entitled to take along someone to help and advise you and to help with your claim.
    If you can, audio tape each meeting, phone call etc.
    And also, I know you are very tired but please, don’t go doing any harm to yourself as you have people who love and care for you, plus the government won’t care if you do. Don’t give them the satisfaction of smiling whilst they throw your name off the database – they are not worth it. YOU ARE.

6. jaypot2012 permalink
    March 17, 2015 5:59 pm

Reblogged this on Jay's Journal and commented:
    So very sad, can anyone do anything to help her?

7. jeanette traynor permalink
    March 18, 2015 2:40 pm

This person needs to take this email and all her information/documentation straight to her MP and get them to take it up with the DWP. They will soon move off their arses – it has worked many times with my own local MP. Her MP can send it to Ian Duncan Smith’s office and it will be dealt with in no time. I hope the person reads this and takes this action.

8. March 18, 2015 11:23 pm

Reblogged this on Britain Isn't Eating.