Advertisements

IMPORTANT: JSA Annual Verification From 27th April

April 20, 2015

With many thanks to JobSeekers UK.

From 27th April all recipients of income based JSA will be written to on the 12 month anniversary of their claim and asked to verify their circumstances, if they don’t reply they could be sanctioned

Why when you verify this every time you sign on is a mystery, or maybe not, it’s just another barrier to make life difficult

Please don’t ignore these letters and if you don’t receive one ask about it so they can’t say you haven’t replied

Advertisements
  1. Sasson Hann permalink
    April 21, 2015 8:40 am

I wonder how many of those letters will mysteriously get lost in the post?

2. June 20, 2015 3:35 am

Money just got stopped today and just remembered about this 5 days after it was supposed to be sent off really annoyed since the job center have me doing multiple work placements though the week and ask me this question everytime i enter the building anyways.

3. simon permalink
    June 20, 2015 9:22 am

My money just got stopped and i filled in 3 of these letters and sent all 3 back and they have said i did not send them

• Ilona permalink
      July 13, 2015 7:59 pm

Hi Simon I never received this letter, this is terrible, how would you know about this letter if nobody tells you about it. What did you do?

4. Rob permalink
    July 27, 2015 5:02 pm

Yes it’s the old solicitor / Garrow tactic more paper work and put people on the long pull !! Psychological tactic – George Orwell was a very clever man no wonder they don’t recommend 1984 in schools any more. All these people are dodgy twats I sued BP years ago their solicitiors are Freshfields who also act for the Windsors. They are so dodgy the man I represented stood to loose house etc young family. They back handed his union solicitors to make sure he took £1500 and lost house. Got him 85K saved the day – and costs. That can’t replace the mental torture that some one with Post traumatic stress who nearly committed suicide. My granddad fought for this in 1914 – 1918 he did Ok unlike his mates in the Kings Own Yorks – but he met Oswald Moseley and Harold Macmillan give them their due they were doing there bit. I’ve took the Establishment on a few times and won – they are well dodgy. As Orwell said we taught Hitler , Stalin , Mao , Ho Chi Minh everything on mental manipulation. There are some good people in this country.

5. Rob permalink
    July 27, 2015 5:05 pm

Well done same difference !!. For drawing the annual statement to every one’s attention.

6. Mark permalink
    August 1, 2015 8:10 pm

Hi, could any one please send me a copy of this form as Im not good at filling forms out and I must be due one. Just the questions please. I can get my brother to go throw it with me and I’ll have the answers ready. Thanks hope this finds all well

7. September 8, 2015 2:54 pm

Oddly the letter I received stated on page 4 of 5 in Block capitals “ONCE COMPLETED PLEASE ENSURE YOU RETURN ALL THE PAGES OF THIS LETTER” I am left wondering why a letter with MY name and MY address requests (so forcibly) that I return it in entirety. Could it be possible I return this document only to be told I had not done so and then suffer a sanction. Or am I being too paranoid? As was once and often repeated ‘paranoia keeps you alive’ Ergo, I have photocopied said letter 4 times and handed a copy (receipted) to the JobCentre+, the original I have completed and returned (registered mail), provided my MP with documented proof and a copy, finally kept a copy for my lawyer. Paranoia keeps you alive
    Thanks for reading
    H

8. lewis permalink
    October 4, 2015 11:00 pm

Wow they saying my letter is missing. Is this really
    a good reason to stop my money.

9. jjames799 permalink
    March 11, 2016 12:28 pm

Another “missing” returned application. They have stopped my benefit and are writing to the council to inform them of this decision. I have just been referred onto a Work Programme via working links so I am not sure how this will affect that??

• ken permalink
      March 12, 2016 6:37 pm

This has happened to me,Sent the letter back heard nothing then a reminder came a month later on Thursday giving the Monday week with a second class prepaid letter.

It needs to dealt with in the first month,recorded delivery and jobcentre courier but the time given wont allow until benefit is suspended,so citizens advice as quickly as possible and let them deal with this.

10. Richard permalink
    April 17, 2016 5:00 pm

Just had my money stopped for no reason was sent within 2 days of receiving it, they now tell my benefits have been stopped for 2 weeks and they have even told the local council to suspend my housing benefit

11. Leslie Bailey permalink
    August 19, 2016 10:07 am

Just received my second , claiming they did not receive the first one, so they do go missing on their way.
    Mine goes to the Belfast office.

12. Cabman permalink
    January 31, 2017 7:16 am

DWP sent me a validation letter dated 26 Dec 2016, this was to be returned on 06 Jan 2017. I returned the letter on 6th Jan 2017 (with proof of posting). Then, in a letter dated 13 Jan 2017, DWP decided to stop paying my Jobseekers allowance from Jan 6th 2017 on the grounds that I had not returned the validation letter. DWP did not write to me about this until 13 Jan 2017 and I did not receive their letter until 16 Jan 2017.

On 30 Jan 2017 I contacted DWP at 11:58 on 0345 6088545 and spoke with Kyle. During the conversation Kyle told me that someone at DWP has just added a note to my records at 12:07. The note said that my letter has been received and the sanction lifted. Kyle told me that a same day payment of £146.20 had been released and would be in my post office account before midnight tonight. At 4:15pm I went to my post office to find that the payment had been made.

This episode is just another case of ministerial corruption among thousands of cases every year at DWP. How can it be that a letter posted 1st class to DWP on 06 Jan 2017 take 24 days to reach them. How is it that receipt of my validation letter was not acknowledged by DWP until 30 Jan 2017, nine minutes after I had contacted them!

What is happening here, it seems to me, is that DWP are receiving these validation letters and they are deliberately not recording them on their systems until the claimant contacts them. Benefits are then stopped on the grounds of a lie that the validation letter has not been received. Only when the claimant contacts DWP (with proof of posting) will receipt of the validation letter magically appear on their system!

13. steve duddy permalink
    February 1, 2017 10:38 pm

I received a letter today (February 1st, 2017) telling me that as I hadn’t filled in and returned this verification letter my money was stopped. I did NOT receive ANYTHING from the dole and I had never even HEARD of a verification letter. I went to see them today and I filled in a form by simply signing it. I broached the subject of verification with the clerk and I asked him ‘Do I not verify my claim every two weeks when I sign on”? His reply was that “This is different”. HOW is it different ? This is just more hurdles put in place and to tell me that I was sent a letter when I clearly was NOT is utterly disingenuous of the DHSS or whatever they are calling themselves today.

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )