PIP Transfers To Begin Nationally For Lifetime DLA Claimants From October

October 5, 2015

With many thanks to Benefits And Work.

The DWP has confirmed that claimants getting an indefinite or lifetime award of disability living allowance (DLA) throughout the UK will now start being transferred to personal independence payment (PIP).

The move from DLA to PIP for lifetime claimants began in pilot areas in July of this year, with further postcodes being added in September.

However, the DWP announced the national roll out of the transfer in the latest edition HB Direct, a bulletin that goes out to all local authorities:

“From October 2015, PIP will be rolled out across GB to claimants that have a long-term or indefinite award of DLA.

“The rollout will be carefully managed to make sure that the volume of invitations issued to claimants in each postcode matches the capacity of the assessment providers in that area.”

The award rate for DLA to PIP reassessments has fallen from a high of 79% last November, down to a low of 72%. This means that currently more than a quarter of DLA claimants do not get an award of PIP.

You can download the latest edition of HB Direct from this link

1. Nick permalink
    October 5, 2015 11:55 am

[QUOTE]As a lifetime DLA claimant who has not yet received an ‘invitation’ to claim PIP, I’m scared. readers, I’m very scared.[/QUOTE]

we are all in the same boat and that boat is full to bursting and like all boats that are full some will go on to sink

we here in this blog have been through many tough times together and to the day we die we will continue to go through tough times

As long as we stick together and help each other in whatever way we can then we will be able to sleep better knowing that whatever happens we have done our best in the help in which we have given to others

The only major drawback is that one can succumb to go into a deep depression as that can happen to vulnerable people who are constantly persecuted

i myself know how that feels having been persecuted by the DWP for many years leaving me looking like a skeleton at 6 stone and having the police come to my rescue

I myself will never recover from that ordeal as mentally i find it to painful but press on in order to help others wherever possible

2. October 5, 2015 12:03 pm

Reblogged this on lawrencerowntree.

3. October 5, 2015 1:18 pm

Reblogged this on campertess and commented:
    They reduce us to quivering wrecks when you see that brown envelope pop through the door…… They have the power over us to turn our lives upside down & nowhere to turn.

4. ispeakitasitis permalink
    October 5, 2015 2:47 pm

You are not the only I am scared too

5. Laurence Foenander permalink
    October 5, 2015 6:54 pm

I’m a lifetime DLA claimant and I recently received my “invitation” to claim PIP. To say my heart sank, was a understatement. It was more like “my heart decided to imitate a submarine and head off to explore the deep”. I requested a home assessment and was given Oct. 5. Then last week I received a letter informing me that they had to re-schedule the assessment, so now it is on the 13 Oct. No reason was given for the change, interesting, as if I wanted to re-schedule the date, how many hoops would they make me jump through?

6. October 5, 2015 8:22 pm

Reblogged this on perfectlyfadeddelusions.

7. October 5, 2015 9:23 pm

I’m scared too but not going to worry till I absolutely have to as I won’t let myself end up as another statistic. I depend on my wheelchair accessible vehicle and am worried I’ll lose it in the short term if I get refused PIP.

8. October 6, 2015 2:02 pm

The way round PIP, IMHO, is to bombard them with info on your medical conditions with info from your medical notes, I did this with info going back to early 2000 at the assessment the nurse said the info was old and I replied “It’s still f**king relevant though.” Which it was I only send them stuff from my medical notes that is relevant, copy’s of course never send the original, and only stuff that is relevant to your conditions. If you fail then ask for a MR (mandatory reconsideration) then if they don’t change it ask for a tribunal and ask that the HP that did the assessment attend also consider requesting the attendance of the decision makers. None will turn up the tribunal won’t even send then a letter to attend so put it to the tribunal that they can answer the questions you have for the HP and DM then proceed to ask the tribunal as to the qualifications of the nurse to overrule a specialist in their field, for an explanation to this, or that side effect in relation to a medical condition, if they cannot answer they cannot give a decision and IMHO, should find for the claimant or postpone the tribunal and demand the attendance of the HP to answer your questions, if the HP does then not attend the claimant should win by the HP not attending.

• October 6, 2015 2:19 pm

Has an add on I got enhanced rates of PIP maybe because the HP said she knew nothing about HHT and my aggressive nature towards her

1. #PIP Transfers To Begin Nationally For Lifetime DLA Claimants From October | Same Difference | sdbast