What Do You Think Of Channel 4’s We’re The Superhumans Advert?

July 18, 2016

Here’s the advert:

Here’s what I News thinks of it.

Same Difference agrees. We’ve always found the word ‘superhuman’ more than a little patronising.

But we want to know what you think of the advert, readers.

1. jeffrey davies permalink
    July 18, 2016 3:30 pm

its all part of the plan there isnt any disabled just those who dont try yes its more like germany each day aktion t4

2. July 18, 2016 5:35 pm

Reblogged this on michaelsnaith.

3. July 18, 2016 10:11 pm

Absolutely nauseating Government propaganda: anyone who isn’t like the ones in the video is a waster & doesn’t deserve help.

4. Raf permalink
    July 19, 2016 9:41 am

No PA users. No powerchair users. Nobody whose face or facial expressions differ significantly from the norm. No boccia players, no club throwers or swimmers with more severe CP, nobody without clear speech. Nobody who cannot, in fact, ingeniously overcome their impairment to do things at the same speed and standard as nondisabled people.

Yes we can?

Fuck that.

No, we can’t.

5. July 19, 2016 1:52 pm

disappointed no BSL users just one sign that can be used by anyone, and why not include Deaf athletes and respect Deaflympics

6. July 21, 2016 4:55 pm

you moaning bunch of buggers! !! It wasn’t that long ago we were saying that we never saw Paralympians on TV. It now gets good coverage and we still moan “They don’t show this or that, its too flash, there no deaf representation”
    Its a short taster, the real thing is online and its the largest number of disabled people ever represented at one time on TV at one time ! Every musician, athlete, whatever, is disabled!
    Get over yourselves! Aren’t you being judgemental? how do you know peoples disabilities?
    Do we all need to go to wearing badges with our condition on? Make you feel happier would it?
    I had an accident in 1989 putting me in a power chair – however i couldn’t give a toss whether the guys playing rugby and basketball where in power or self propelled chairs I love the passion of the fact someone like me is doing that I might have the chance (little since I have a C.6/7 spinal break).
    But i suppose i will be labelled a ‘Supercrip’ and ignored as usual as not understanding disability!
    I understand pain 24/7!
    I understand frustration everyday at not being able to gain entry to where i want to go or to what i want to do!
    I understand not being able to make a living any more as a nurse! or anything else for that matter!
    I understand the frustration of not being able to walk, being reliant on my power chair, being more of a child to my wife as regard care in that I need help dressing and showering rather than a husband. I also need her to watch me as i sleep since with apnoea due to my throat being crushed during surgery I require a pump at night to breath and sleep safely.
    And yet we still expect to stay in love and be sexually active???
    Yea I understand disability!!!

7. July 31, 2016 6:16 pm

They were all happy to promote Atos in 2012 (Kerching).

“Yes we can”? That’s what Atos/Maximus/Capita want you to say.

Zero mention of anything to do with mental health, of course.

8. August 3, 2016 8:47 pm

Have you noticed who sponsors that ad? Allianz –

Allianz owns shares in… Maximus –

‘Yes you can’ (and if you can’t then we’ll just lie)

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )