Advertisements

A Warning To ESA Claimants

October 29, 2016

Spotted on Facebook:

A warning to ESA claimants who fail their test and are on Jobseeker’s Allowance pending reconsideration.

If you get a three month’s medical certificate and ask for a 3 month ‘extended sickness period’, THEY CAN TRY TO MAKE YOU SIGN ON during this period. This has happened in London.

They told us that they are allowed to ask people to sign on during the sickness period ‘in certain situations’ but they did not explain what was this person’s ‘situation’. He was very confused, and unable to argue against their orders. Now he’s very ill due to the stress, but he won’t get more sickness because his extended sickness period expired and he… formally… had it!

If they ask you to ‘sign on’ during your extended sickness period:

– Get an adviser or a friend and ask to speak to a Jobcentre manager; and ask for proper rest.
– If they oblige you to sign on, ask for an explanation in writing and make a complaint. Also withdraw your request for sickness, don’t ‘use it up’.
– Chase your request for reconsideration, don’t let them prolong your wait unnecessarily.

Advertisements
  1. October 29, 2016 12:33 pm

Quite years ago was told I’d have to sign on while on sick benefit but I refused because if signed on I would be stating I was fit for work of which I was not ? It seems you have to be so careful today same dirty tricks to confuse and stress claimants who are ill ! I was also told to sign on job seekers but same think no I wouldn’t I did get my money stopped but did appeal and it was reinstated . Today I think it’s far worse and with sanctions worry so rents not paid Ect so threat of becoming homeless to .
    So where do people stand being told to sign looking for work if too sick to do so ? It’s being forced to make false declaration ? What can people do ?

2. Sarah Davis permalink
    October 29, 2016 1:29 pm

I thought that everyone had to sign on if they fail their medical and are waiting for it to be re-considered. That’s certainly the case round here. I had to and at my first appointment, with a sick note from my gp, I was told that because I’d failed my medical the only way to get anything was to sign on because I’d been judged by them as fit to work. They then told me it was time to pull myself together (I suffer from severe depression and anxiety and rarely leave my house). I left in tears and didn’t go back for my next appointment the following day so I had my money stopped for 4 weeks and had no income at all

3. October 29, 2016 3:33 pm

Or, instead of Facebook bollocks…

How about a “warning” that

WCA = FRAUD
    and
    Reconsideration = Witness Intimidation
    and
    both = Misconduct in Public Office and Vulnerable Adult Abuse

Fraud Act 2006 –

Witness Intimidation –

Misconduct in Public Office –

Care Act 2014 –
    Safeguarding adults at risk of abuse or neglect –

Still haven’t heard of ‘The Police’?

4. October 29, 2016 3:40 pm

Reblogged this on campertess and commented:
    I was under the impression that if found fit for work you signed on. I don’t understand the extended sickness period. I’m assuming that the certificate still had time left on it? So if being found fit for work you can request the time left on the sick line?

5. Sarah Davis permalink
    October 30, 2016 2:17 pm

What have I done? Three separate times I’ve taken my case to Appeal Tribunal and won each time. You clearly have the time and energy (not all of us have) to fight but in your blog I see no signs of success, or help from the Police, just lots of banging your head against a wall. The Police seem to agree with me, despite your assertion that it’s me that doesn’t “understand what Criminal Offenses are”. I’d suggest that you save your somewhat aggressive preaching until you can prove that the fighting is worth it

• October 30, 2016 7:01 pm

Sounds as though you have been Lucky I am waiting 4 Brown Envelope 2 Transfer over 2 P.I.P I have Mental Health Problems and already decided the only Solution is 2 end my Life 2 save prolonged Stress and Anxiety the Tory Government know what they are doing 2 all of us with M.H.S

• Sarah Davis permalink
        October 31, 2016 11:07 am

Oh Lawrence, I do feel for you. I’ve been through the same thought process many times in my years on ESA.I got through it though, I really hope you can too. If possible it’s worth trying to get help from somewhere. I know there are people out there that will help, Citizens Advice, Fightback and others. Please stick with it and try to get help, it’ll be worth it in the end. Good luck

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )