Advertisements

TEN YEARS!!!

June 21, 2017

Regular readers will know I don’t usually write such shouty headlines. But this time I can’t help myself.

I never thought I’d be sitting here today, writing a post with that title on this site. But yes, it’s true.

Ten years ago today, a University student sat in her bedroom and started a blog. That blog was Same Difference and that University student was me.

Ten years later, I’ve got my University degree. Ten years later, I like to call myself a journalist. Ten years later, I’m very proud to say, over two million people have visited Same Difference and read my scribbles.

I still value every comment, more than you will ever know. I still appreciate every hit, every like and every share, more than you will ever know.

And, once a year, every 21st of June, I still write a general post to thank every single reader of my little website.

It’s a tiny little address on the massive World Wide Web, but to me, it’s the world. I’m so glad that to you, it’s a place where you find, and share, useful and interesting information and stories.

I wouldn’t be here without you, readers. So THANK YOU, every single one of you, more than you will ever know.

Here’s to the next TEN YEARS!!!

Advertisements
  1. June 21, 2017 12:06 am

congratulations on your 10years of blogging.thats quite some feat and to keep it up on a daily basis on top of your other committments, difficulties and work with the vulnerable. well done.

2. Jim Parsons permalink
    June 21, 2017 4:54 am

☺!!

Virus-free. http://www.avast.com

3. June 21, 2017 10:05 am

Congratulations – here’s to the next 10 years 🙂

4. jeffrey davies permalink
    June 21, 2017 4:01 pm

lets hope that a change of gov will help everyone

• June 21, 2017 9:03 pm

WHEN a certain someone relinquishes her hold on the PMs seat. cant believe shes still there. 10/10 for tenacity but its helping no one right now.

5. June 22, 2017 4:29 am

Big THANK YOU SameDifference, 🙂

Shame that all the bad news is just as bad, if not worse, than it was ten years ago. 😦

But the news would certainly be far worse without oases like yours in the desert of fake news, censorship and blind-eye turning silence.

6. June 22, 2017 4:34 pm

A marvelous achievement. 10 years dedication to a blog.

Congratulations to you. Here’s to the next 10. And a hope for a better world.

7. June 26, 2017 7:56 pm

Well done you, and I hope the next 10 years are even better for you 🙂
    I started my Blog as a Uni student, too, and I’ve found it totally amazing to see how many people, of such disparate lives, have read it.
    The World is definitely a smaller place, with the internet joining us all together, isn’t it? 🙂

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )