Advertisements

A Husband’s Complaint To ATOS After His Wife’s Face To Face PIP Assessment

February 20, 2018

Same Difference recently received the following on email. The claimant involved remains anonymous, but the letter is otherwise published word for word. If you have experience with this ATOS nurse, please do let us have your comments.

Good Day,

I would like to  bring the handling of my Wife’s Atos assessment by Nurse Mathew Flis, to change over from DLA to PIP and Mobility to your attention, and make a complaint for the following reasons, along with credible evidence of malpractice, by this Atos Nurse.
,On March 7th 2017 my Wife had a face to face assessment with Atos Nurse, Mathew Flis, his report was fraudulent and misleading for the following reasons. In his report, which I have a copy of, he claims to have carried out a Musculoskeletal examination, his report contains a comprehensive  list of movement and grip capability tests, to have carried out the claimed examination would have required my Wife to climb onto and then lay on a examination table,this examination did not take place, due to the fact that my Wife never left her seat, and also due to her physical condition, she would have been unable to be subjected to the alleged tests.  l have sent a complaint to DWP along with Doctors letters and MRI Scan and X Ray Results that confirms her actual physical condition.   My Wife’s answers to his assessment questions were ignored  manipulated, an example of this is … he accepted that my Wife requires to have cooked food cut up for her, on her plate, he did not accept that to prepare a simple meal she would have to have hard raw vegetables cut up for her … ??? due to grip issues,she could not use an aid, and I always assisted her,Mathew Flis ignored this,   Most importantly, he was told that since my Wife sent in the PIP application, she had an accident dropping a dish of hot food in the Kitchen, as a result of this SHE NO LONGER COOKS AT ALL,   Mathew Flis also ignored this change of circumstance and it was not mentioned in his report, I sugest that the Mathew Flis report is fraud by representation, and influenced the decision makers. My Wife needed 12 points to qualify for high rate care she was awarded 11 ….. Her Mobility allowance was lost due to Mathew Flis  ignoring my Wife when she reported that due to her stumbling because her leg does not always respond, she needs my support for her safety, since her mini stroke she now  has balance issues, which makes her walking even more difficult, Mathew Flis lied about the distance my Wife is able to walk, 12 weeks after the assessment her Doctor confirmed in a letter that she does stumble, all letters, MRI Scan and Xray reports can be obtained from DWP, these letters and reports are credible proof of Mathew Flis did not carry out his assessment in a legally acceptable manner.
Twelve weeks after the Atos assessment  my Wife saw  her Doctor ( Dr Robbins Marazion ), , after an examination Dr Robbins was  concerned by her painful condition, and movement restrictions,he confirmed that she had significant problems,( My Wife’s Doctors qualified assessment proves that Mathew Flis had beyond the balance of probability falsified his report )   he then arranged for X Rays,  Due to the X Ray report  he arranged for a MRI Scan, and referred her to a Neuro Surgeon, both Dr Robbins ( Marazion Surgery ) and Consultant Neuro Surgeon Mr Sam Muquit (Derriford Hospital Plymouth ) were appalled by the claimed Atos Nurses Musculoskeletal report and agreed the claimed Atos examination could not have taken place. Was this Nurse medically Qualified ?,  Does he have a code of practice to Follow ?  Atos is under contract to DWP, is this practice acceptable ?
In 2006 My Wife had a review, which involved a home visit and assessment by Atos Dr Malic  as a result of his report, My Wife was upgraded from low care to high rate, both components were awarded for an indefinite period, as her conditions are degenerating, some 12 years later Atos Nurse Mathew Flis’s assessment does not reflect on how my Wife’s condition would beyond the balance of probability have seriously degenerated. Both Doctor Robbins and Consultant Neuro surgeon Mr Sam Muquit  will confirm that my Wife’s Disabilities have indeed seriously worsened. Was Nurse Mathew Flis basing his assessment on his opinion or medical fact ?, MRI Scans and XRays taken shortly after the Atos assessment show a serious conflict in Mathew Flis’s claimed Musculoskeletal test, and my Wife’s Actual physical condition.
Due to the misrepresented Atos report, In March 2017 my Wife was reduced from High rate Care to Standard rate, she lost her Mobility allowance and her Blue Badge.
My Wife was devastated by these decisions and loss of her much needed Blue Badge, losing the Badge would seriously effect her quality of life, Due to the stress and anxiety of the decisions, and the prospect of having to attend an appeal tribunal, in May 2017 my wife suffered a Mini Stoke, her stroke consultant Dr L Wesson ( Royal Cornwall Hospital ), said that this stress and anxiety was most certainly the cause, The Mini Stroke has been life changing,  she now suffers with balance, mood and speech issues, the brain damage shows on her MRI Scan.
As a result of the support and medical evidence supplied by her Doctor, in June she received a phone call from PIP in Blackpool, a lady named Karen informed us that my Wife would now receive Standard rate Mobility, Karen also stated, that should my Wife appeal for high rate, she may well loose both components, we regarded this as a threat. Due to the risk of more stress my Wife agreed under duress.
In October my wife had a consultation with Consultant Neuro Surgeon Mr Sam Muquit, he carried out an examination and the MRI Scan was shown to us, he concluded that an urgent operation is required on her spine, however due to concerns of risks involved and the fact that she could well have a major stroke during the operation, due to her having to stop taking her blood thinning stroke prevention medication for days before the operation,  he thinks it would be unwise to proceed, the outcome of not having the operation, will eventually result in my wife needing a wheelchair.
Due to the Malpractice by the Atos Nurse Mathew Flis  my wife has suffered physical and financial loss, and is left in need of a operation on her spine that she now cannot have.  This is a serious matter, taking into consideration the medical evidence along with X Ray and MRI Scan results from my Wife’s Doctor and the Consultant Neuro Surgeon, this evidence proves beyond the balance of probability, that Atos Nurse Mathew Flis carried out the face to face assessment Fraudulently,  I will be seeking Redress for the Brain Damage and Financial loss my Wife has suffered, I intend to take legal action against Mathew Flis the Atos Nurse, for breach of the Fraud act 2006 / Misconduct in Public Office, he may well say he was Under Instruction, so I am approaching Atos first.
Both Doctor Robbins and Consultant Mr Sam Muquit have offered their full support regarding this complaint and my seeking Redress, My local MP Derek Thomas ( St Ives ), is also in receipt of this complaint letter.   The lateness of this complaint is due to health issues last year and Stress Limitation, and also awaiting X Ray and MRI Scan results, plus the consultation with the Consultant Neuro Surgeon in October. We are now going to give Mathew Flis and Atos a chance to resolve this, before taking this matter to Court. It is also our intention to Take legal action against DWP Decision makers Linda George and Anna Rushton.
 I will look forward to a quick and satisfactory response, and hope that my Wife will receive full recognition of this injustice, and she will now be treated in fairness and will receive Redress for the Stress and Consequence of that Stress and Anxiety Caused by Atos Nurse Mathew Flis.
   PS  A copy of this will be posted to  Atos customer relations, to create a paper trail to back this    email.
   A  complaint has also been sent to DWP.
Advertisements
  1. Gillian Francis permalink
    February 20, 2018 4:23 pm

My sons was another completely fictional wrong arm wrong ability wrong everything !!
    Then they didn’t send him the pip assessment but the assessment after a fictional MR and their conclusions all No.

2. February 20, 2018 11:59 pm

Hey Same Difference, Namaste 🙂

This is shocking. The public should have little or no faith whatsoever in the quality of PIP Assessments being carried out, or indeed any of those carried out for Work Capability Assessment for ESA. Much like PIP itself and its eligibility criteria its processes are contrived and shambolic: one imagines it was always DWP’s intention to constrict, restrict and deny claimants proper awards. DWP are as complicit in depriving the most vulnerable of full entitlement as are the assessors: they work in ‘partnership with the government’ to ‘develop’ products for the provision of Social Security payments. DWP are directly shamed and blamed as are the current UK government.

I sincerely wish the author of this most revealing and legitimate complaint and his wife good luck fighting their case – and fighting it perhaps on behalf of all those assessed by ATOS or CAPITA where lies have bee told – and hope they not only win their case but in the process expose DWP for the self-serving administration that it is. I hope others to complain to the DWP.

Will you be publishing DWP’s response to the complaint? If the MP Derek Thomas writes to DWP, he is guaranteed a response. Please also publish this so that readers can see the insipidness of DWP lying blarney and abdication of responsibility and duty of care for claimants in the UK. Readers will fascinated and troubled in equal measure by the ‘lines’ used by Complaints Managers working for DWP trying to justify and deflect the complaint.

In fact, might I firmly encourage all dissatisfied PIP claimants to complain in writing to both the DWP at Caxton House and to the Assessment Provider themselves and to keep doing so until MP’s get the message that the DWP are failed and failing. The Assessment Provider who manage their own ‘complaints’ process ‘independently’ of DWP – which is yet further evidence of how DWP try to disassociate themselves from any wrong doing whatsoever when they are the primary instigators/administrators and controllers of the whole process including applying eligibility criteria to assessments! The DWP are a joke and they will continue to try to steal more and more money from the vulnerable and disabled whilst supported in that endeavour by a inhumane discriminatory and dysfunctional Conservative government.

Love and Peace. Namaste 🙂

DN

• Mr Had Enough permalink
      February 24, 2018 3:06 pm

Thank you for your kind words, I have just received a response, from my MP’s case worker offering assistance, should I need it, he informed me that DWP have been instructed to RECORD ALL FACE TO FACE ASSESSMENTS …. He sent a second email shortly after, saying he has been thinking about my Wife’s situation, and, gave some advice regarding grants to help with our ongoing adaptions to our home to make it wheel chair friendly.

I feel very encouraged by this response, I am yet to receive a reply from both DWP & Atos, I will keep you all posted.

• February 25, 2018 6:37 am

Looks like I’m putting in too many links for one comment
        so I’ve split it up, hopefully that will work

Jeremy Corbyn –
        corbynj@parliament.uk
        leader@labour.org.uk,

• February 25, 2018 6:47 am

Aaaaggh not working… hmmmm…

Theresa May –
        mayt AT parliament DOT uk
        privateoffice AT no10 DOT x DOT gsi DOT gov DOT uk
        prime DOT minister AT number10 DOT gov DOT uk

publiccorrespondence AT cabinet-office DOT gsi DOT gov DOT uk

ATOS CEO Thierry Breton –
        thierry.breton AT atos DOT net

UN Committee against Torture –
        cat AT ohchr DOT org , petitions AT ohchr DOT org

UN Committee on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities –
        crpd AT ohchr DOT org , petitions AT ohchr DOT org

>”DWP have been instructed to
        >RECORD ALL FACE TO FACE ASSESSMENTS ”
        Their “Consent” forms mention *nothing* about Copyright (ownership) of their recordings.. Total Fraud.
        They refuse to reassign copyright *and* put restrictions on what you can do with a recording of YOUR PRIVATE LIFE that they OWN.
        That’s why you will never hear one of their recordings of their hate crimes on the internet.
        Don’t sign any recording form.

• Mr Had Enough permalink
        February 25, 2018 12:56 pm

Many thanks for the useful links, I will fire off my complaint to everyone.

Yesterday I sent a copy of the atos complaint to The Professional Standards authority, also told them DWP have a complaint too.

• February 25, 2018 1:35 pm

Save/Screenshot any auto-replies too.
        Proof it was received, even if it gets completely ignored. 🙂

3. Justin permalink
    February 21, 2018 1:19 am

wow look at also conducting the regulating body, nursing and midwifery council so you can get the nurse struck of under fitness to practice concerns, from what you said in this it will be easy and a case like that will make it easy for you to sue them, reply to this if you want help J

4. Kenneth permalink
    February 21, 2018 3:12 am

I’ve had the same happen to me when I had my assessment .. the only way to stop this is for everybody to stand up and do a multi law suit against atos .. I recorded my assessment nd I ask for cctv of the time I was there and got told after 8 weeks it’s gone .. but hold on I ask for the cctv on the 5 week make so it was not deleted but there drag there feet over the cctv .. until it was tape over .. I class that as with holding evidence which would of shown the nurse was being dishonest from the start of the assessment.. the nurse said she called my name and I stood up with no problem and walk towards her at a slow pace .. now I was out side the building with my partner and the nurse came out side to get me . There was no one in the waiting area so she could not of made a mistake with some one else .. the name of the nurse who dealt with me is ms Victoria Avery so BEWARE of this nurse … plus I would put more of her lies but to many to put on here . I will not stop until this nurse has been struck off .. or she admits to the dishonest report she made for the DWP .. also the decision maker at DWP for making up lies to justify his decision .. we must stick together and take atos to court for malpractice and frued ..

• Mr Had Enough permalink
      February 24, 2018 2:31 pm

I intend to take this complaint, all the way ! my Last resort will be the small claims court, however what price does one put on brain damage caused by a mini stroke, others may wish to consider this route, one lady has won £5000, I have to confess, yes, its partly to do with money, due to my wife not being able to have an operation , she will end up in a wheel chair, we have just spent our savings on adaptions to our home to make wheel chair access. We are left needing a wet room to replace the bath my Wife cannot use.

My local council will fund and build a wet room, but it will be basic and clinical, I want the best for my Wife so without sounding ungrateful, I will hope that suitable redress will be forthcoming, the other reason is, it is now my mission to put a stop to the suffering these people are causing. We must all do whatever we can to stop these fraudulent practices, and put an end to the misery, and trust me IT IS MISERY, my Wife applied in good faith to change over from DLA to PIP, and these people have put her / us in this situation, we must stop this now !!!

5. February 21, 2018 7:54 am

Hi

Nurses are regulated by the NMC (like medical doctors are by the GMC).

Here’s the NMC Code of Conduct –

You can search their register here –

I found this one –

Practitioner Details

Matthew Christopher Flis

Geographical locations
    South West Peninsular

Expiry date
    30/06/2018

Registration status
    Registered – no restrictions on practice

Register entry Start date
    Registered Nurse – Adult 18/12/1991
    Registered Nurse – Adult (Level 2) 26/11/1979

Recorded qualifications
    No Recorded Qualifications found

Tho the NMC aren’t now putting the quacks Pin numbers in their search results.

So what does a ‘professional’ bed-pan emptier with no additional qualifications know about Musculoskeletal examinations?

>Atos is under contract to DWP, is this practice acceptable ?
    It is to those criminal abusers.

>I suggest that the Mathew Flis report is fraud by representation
    Fraud Act 2006 –
    2 Fraud by false representation –
    note words “risk” and “might”
    1 Fraud –
    ” imprisonment for a term not exceeding 10 years or to a fine (or to both).”

Care Act 2014 –
    Safeguarding adults at risk of abuse or neglect –

*Due to the stress and anxiety of the decisions, and the prospect of having to attend an appeal tribunal, in May 2017 my wife suffered a Mini Stoke, her stroke consultant Dr L Wesson ( Royal Cornwall Hospital ), said that this stress and anxiety was most certainly the cause, ”

ABH/GBH

Criminal Attempts Act 1981 –

Homicide: Murder and Manslaughter –

Criminal Justice Act 1988 – Torture

UN Convention against Torture and Other Cruel, Inhuman or Degrading Treatment or Punishment

UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities – Articles

Disability Hate Crime –
    Criminal Justice Act 2003 (section 146) –
    Increase in sentences for aggravation related to disability –

Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994 – Witness Intimidation –

Protection from Harassment Act 1997

Malicious Communications Act –

“I intend to take legal action against Mathew Flis the Atos Nurse, for breach of the Fraud act 2006 / Misconduct in Public Office, he may well say he was Under Instruction, so I am approaching Atos first.”

Serious Crime Act 2007 – Part 2 – Encouraging or Assisting Crime –

Accessories and Abettors Act 1861 –

Misconduct in Public Office –
    “It carries a maximum sentence of life imprisonment.”
    “Examples of behaviour that have in the past fallen within the offence include:
    wilful excesses of official authority;
    ‘malicious’ exercises of official authority;
    wilful neglect of a public duty;
    intentional infliction of bodily harm, imprisonment, or other injury upon a person;
    frauds and deceits.”

Atos and it’s quacks count for Misconduct in Public Office –
    (Meaning of Public Function) Human Rights Act 1998 –

“Both Doctor Robbins and Consultant Mr Sam Muquit have offered their full support regarding this complaint and my seeking Redress, My local MP Derek Thomas ( St Ives ), is also in receipt of this complaint letter.”

It’s all crime. So. where are the Police? and Social Services? (Care Act)?

Record EVERYTHING.

6. February 21, 2018 10:38 am

I complained about an Atos nurse on behalf of someone else,,I was present at the assessment (home visit) but did not let on that I do appeals and was an ex welfare adviser

The response from Atos on all but one of the issues I raised was “We were not there so cannot comment” the other reply was “The assessor cannot remember” ,, the persons MP was contacted

• February 22, 2018 5:56 am

Well, they would say that wouldn’t they.

Always record/video everything (it’s called ‘evidence’).
      Then they *can* ‘be there’ and ‘remember’.

7. February 22, 2018 7:07 am

As well as –

Misconduct in Public Office –

Perverting The Course of Justice –

Criminal Justice and Courts Act 2015 –
    Corrupt or other improper exercise of police powers and privileges –

Now you can also SUE bent cops for not doing their jobs –

Info –

Human Rights Act 1998

Equality Act 2010
    Especially sections 26. Harassment. and 27. Victimisation.

Criminal Justice Act 1988 – Torture

UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities – Articles

8. Denise Morris permalink
    February 22, 2018 10:20 am

Its disgusting and he should be reported to NMC, from an earlier reply I can see he has been practising for 38years (since 1979) so he is likely nearing retirement (in which he would normally leave the register) and lining his pockets with ATOS payments or is actually retired from nursing and working for ATOS while claiming his NHS pension (if any) which nurses can claim NHS pension from age 55. Apart from NMC complaint (which could take years to resolve) contact your MP and give them details as cases like this need to be addressed in parliament.

9. Bruno permalink
    February 23, 2018 11:37 am

Power to you & your wife. If you decide to do a crowd-funder to raise monies to fight your case against the DWP, I will happily contribute. These so-called assessments are utterly biased to make you fail. It is high time to put a stop to them, and to tell the DWP & its bullies: ENOUGH.

10. Mr Had Enough permalink
    February 24, 2018 2:06 pm

Thank you so much for your kind offer, I am still awaiting a response from both, DWP & Atos, I am confident that all the MRI Scan results, X Ray Results and Doctor and Neuro surgeon letters, are credible proof of the Atos nurse’s Lies, Scans and X rays don’t lie.

11. Jon W permalink
    April 19, 2018 5:40 pm

Good for you Mr Had Enough – I have also had the completely “fictitious” Musculoskeletal examination – from another ATOS fraudster. I had my Support Worker with me for the whole assessment, and he read that entire A4 page of complete fiction, and was outraged! As am I – The whole page was obviously already on my assessment on her laptop – or she copied/pasted or inserted it from one of their standard blurb files.
    Again, the whole report contains contradictions – in which she contradicts herself repeatedly, is full of the exact same sentences in every single part – really just unbelievably obvious fraud, lies, and an insult to myself and my Support Worker!
    Oh, yes – I’m “well nourished” – because I’m also “overweight”

I’m waiting to see my advisor to prepare my Mandatory Reconsideration – I’m going to ask her if we can submit that the entire process was totally flawed, and as it contains fraudulent material should be totally disregarded, and the “Nurse” in question disgraced and sacked!

It’s not as if ATOS hasn’t been here before! – Using struck off Dr’s, unqualified Nurses, etc etc a few years ago – Wonder if that had anything to do with the renamed “Independent Assessment Service” – Should be sued for misrepresentation for a start!
    I too plan to go to my MP – a Tory! and demand real action is taken.

Anyway good luck to you and your wife – I hope you get considerable compensation for pain and suffering and everything else he has caused you – both!

• Mr Had Enough permalink
      April 19, 2018 7:13 pm

Hi Jon, Sorry to hear of your experience with Atos, I have done a lot of research, and along with advice from our advisor, I have found disturbing practices by Atos and DWP.
      DWP have a 80% failure rate target for Mandatory Reconsideration, I am reliably informed that they will ignore any letters you send. I too contacted my Tory MP, although helpful he drew a blank and advised going to a Tribunal hearing, success rate is good if you attend.
      I Have just received a reply from DWP complaints, and they have looked at our case, and conclude, that there is no service failure on their behalf, Atos have also said much the same, their nurses are all trained and honest, regarding the so called examination, they cannot comment as they were not there, In my Wifes case MRI scans do not lie, our Doctors letter, and a letter from the Consultant Neuro Surgeon, have made no difference.
      At the face to face assesment, the nurse claimed that my Wife could use Aids to dress and also to cook, he was told due to an accident in our kitchen which involved my Wife dropping a dish of hot food, due to lack of grip, for her safety she no longer cooks, in his report to DWP he said that was our choice, So DWP gave her the wrong score because she can use aids, leaving her one point short of receiving high rate care.

One interesting thing I found, is that a lady in December last year, put a claim in against Atos, along with proof, that Atos had lied, to the small claims court, and was awarded £5000 ! you can Google this, I am wondering if this is the route I should take. If I win it would help to get my Wife reinstated back to high rate in both components.

I wish you Luck with your claim.

Its difficult to get any one to Take on DWP and Atos, Solicitors etc shy away, but will support you if you are accused of fraud against DWP. Everyone closes ranks, another thing is DWP are Immune from Crown prosecution, they seem to think we will give up and go away,sadly many do. I don’t know which way to turn to be honest, I have very strong support from Doctors letters, X Ray and MRI scan results, but they seem to mean nothing.

Getting more stressed every day…..

1. A Husband’s Complaint To ATOS After His Wife’s Face To Face PIP Assessment | Same Difference | sdbast
  2. “A husband’s complaint to ATOS after his wife’s face to face PIP assessment” | Same Difference | COMRADE BOYCIE: VIVA THE ANTI-tORY / BIG BROTHER REVOLUTION!

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )