Millionaire Landlord Kevin Green Says He May Have To Stop Letting To Benefit Claimants

November 8, 2013

Readers, in between a lot of information about him and about Universal Credit, that little ‘gem’ sticks out.

So, what do you think? Is he discriminating unfairly, or does he have a point?

Are there others who think like this? Have you been refused rented housing because you claim benefits?

1. November 8, 2013 12:24 pm

All the time i see advertisements for homes to let and it states no dss.i know dss doesn’t exist now but we all know what they mean! The fact that benefits halt everytime you have a change of circumstance doesn’t help either, i have just become a full time student and because of this my housing benefit hasn’t been paid to me for a mth.so now my landlord is unhappy too!

2. Byron Abaient permalink
    November 8, 2013 12:32 pm

When I was looking for accommodation earliear this year I was told by the Jobcenter to apply in the private sector as they would supply a cover note for the bond, yet every estate agents that I approached in my area were not willing to take anybody on benafits, I was told by more than one agent that the cover not was not worth the paper it was written on

3. November 8, 2013 12:38 pm

I used to rent out just one house and every time the tenant had the slightest change of circumstances they council would take 12 weeks to sort out the rent again. Not his fault but in the meantime I had to cover the mortgage etc.
    3 times in one day he handed in forms for benefit and they ‘lost’ them, so I went with him on the fourth occasion…….. guess what, they were all stacked on a chair behind the reception counter!

4. November 8, 2013 1:02 pm

Reblogged this on Benefit tales.

5. rainbowwarriorlizzie permalink
    November 10, 2013 1:59 am

Reblogged this on HUMAN RIGHTS & THE SIEGE OF BRITAIN POLITICAL JOURNAL.

6. rainbowwarriorlizzie permalink
    November 11, 2013 10:05 pm

Reblogged this on HUMAN RIGHTS & THE SIEGE OF BRITAIN POLITICAL JOURNAL.