Advertisements

Some 2016 And 2017 PIP Awards Being Assessed Early

August 3, 2015

I’ve just spotted this on Fightback. It may be useful to some of you.

I have heard a number of 2017 PIP awards are now being assessed “early” as the assessors have taken on new staff in order to cope with DLA to PIP changeovers coming this year and have time on their hands therefore they are reassessing most 2016 and now some 2017 claimants in certain areas. Not everyone will be and if nothing has changed you can just use info from the old form. Nevertheless it’s stressful and tantamount to disability harassment yet again.

Advertisements
  1. August 3, 2015 5:53 pm

I don’t think there is a return by date on the PIP forms so people could take as much time as they like in returning the form! They can get info from GP’s and Hospitals at £50, max per hospital and GP surgery. For PIP the award stops if they haven’t made a decision by the date of renewal unless you are in the process of switching from DLA then it will continue until the decision.
    For renewal PIP claims they send out renewal forms 14 weeks before and if a decision isn’t made by the cut off date your PIP will stop unless, or until an award to carry on the PIP has been granted.

• August 4, 2015 8:13 am

It makes me so angry that there is no continuation of PIP for those already claiming if they haven’t assessed you in time (I haven’t migrated yet).

What are people supposed to do if they have to pay carers? The LAs have privatised so much of the care package nowadays, that if you don’t have your DLA coming int, then that it, there’s no care provided.

• christine permalink
      November 28, 2016 7:23 pm

I won court order Aug 2015 to Aug 2017.Back dated from Aug 2014. But this Aug 2016 i received form and given 4 weeks to gather evidence and return or my payments would stop. I managed to do this and 2 weeks after set date I had a letter to say i was to have full assessment the next week. They are calling these “reviews”. I have been told by PIP that the court order can be over turned if PIP assessment deems I have improved. For me, my health has deterriated and it will be interesting to see what the outcome is. The assessor said the meeting would take 45 mins and apologised if it felt rushed. He phoned his office after one and half hours to say my assessment could not be done in set time.. After 2 and half hours the gentleman left. Now awaiting result

2. August 3, 2015 9:10 pm

I’ve been waiting 3 months so far after sending my esa50 back still nothing

3. C.w permalink
    March 24, 2016 11:24 am

I was given 3 weeks to fill in the form (it took a week to get to me ) and told if it’s not back in time I’d lose my money. .it’s threatening behaviour , I’m not due to be reassessed until 2017 . I have one of their letters saying I won’t be contacted until 2017!
    Harassment, worry , and threats.

• christine permalink
      November 28, 2016 7:31 pm

totally agree. Your comment fits exactly to my story. I have a court order which is up to Aug 2017 but PIP said my assessment will verify if my allowance stays the same.. I phoned PIP and I was told that the court order wasn’t worth the paper it was written on and that my payment would stop in 3 weeks if I didn’t return it.. I said ” thankfully you calls are all recorded for training purposes and that he had now openly threatened me”. His response was to just repeat what he had said. Two weeks later I had a letter stating I had an assessment the next week. Would be 45 min.. Turned into 2 and half hours and poor assessor phoning office to say it was more complicated than what had been given to him. Just a waiting game now. But they should not be allowed to talk or write to us in this way.

4. wendy permalink
    June 14, 2016 10:55 am

my PIP runs out in May 2017 yet I got new forms in April I also has my face to face assessment next week a year early wots all this about if you have been awarded till 2017 if you have degenerative problems they don’t get better they get worse I personally think this has got something to do with the announcement in budget the Government said that they had scrapped the changes they wanted I think this is the back door way of getting you off it

• James Parsons permalink
      July 23, 2016 7:40 pm

Hi Wendy and all!! Out of interest, have you had a decision yet? I’m in exactly the same position and on the same timescale as yourself! They arranged a home visit just as they did 2 years ago when I was originally awarded and the decision was also rapid as I received it this very day and I’ve gone from top points and higher rate of both components to 0 points and nothing!!! Everything stopped a year early and the reasons given highly dubious and supplied by an atos girl who was with me for 15 minutes,as opposed to a couple of hours with a noticeably professional lady the first time! My multiple conditions have clearly gotten worse but she wasn’t interested in anything but rushing the forms and disappearing! She actually stopped me several times mid-sentence says “we’ve got limited time Mr Parsons and lots of sections to complete so I must stop you there and move on”, even though I was answering her questions about my conditions!! Have to call them first thing Monday and ask for a mandatory reconsideration!! Hope you, C.w and others have had better luck?? It’s so unfair of them and simply shouldn’t be allowed!! Regards, James!!!

5. Joann permalink
    July 25, 2016 4:38 pm

I have just had my renewal form come through and mine is not due till July next year. I have got to have forms back by 8th August this year!!

• wendy permalink
      July 26, 2016 9:34 am

Mine was due May 2017 and they started the new assessment April 2016 I have had medical just waiting for outcome I just wonder if your loose it and go to appeal what happens during that time do they pay you or does it just stop straight away I rely on that money to get help I need

• James Parsons permalink
        July 26, 2016 11:45 am

Further to my post on the 23rd!! I was very concerned that my new atos report would be used to look again at my ESA without the previous report even being looked at and to my absolute horror my ESA which was due in yesterday (Monday 25th) was not payed in, which never happens! Was already distraught due to Saturdays letter and now It looked as though all my benefits had been permanently stopped because of someone who looked like she’d just left school and was only interested in ticking some ‘yes’ or ‘no’ boxes and disappearing without knowing anything or learning anything about me, my life or the awful, numerous and complex conditions I have to cope with not to mention the scale of the affect of everything on my daily life! Called PIP first thing yesterday and to my surprise the very nice and helpful lady was also concerned and happy for me to explain everything in full! Ok she said, we need to sort this out for you, a decision maker/case worker will call you back very soon but while you’re waiting you need to call ESA to see what’s going on as I promise you they don’t use the same report as the descriptors are totally different for both benefits! Obviously we all need to take this statement with a very large pinch of salt but when I called ESA another very nice lady also confirmed this and informed me that my ESA was merely running a day late as it had flagged up ‘change in benefit’ due to my PIP stopping but had already been cleared and would be in tomorrow! She was also very supportive and willing to listen! She confirmed that my ESA would not be affected and was very apologetic that it was late and had caused me distress! About 20 minutes later the PIP case worker called me back and he was also incredibly professional, kind, supportive and apologetic, he seemed genuinely on my side and talked to me for about 30 minutes making sure he had the full facts of my situation! He also had my previous atos report on screen as we talked and could totally see my points regarding how unfair and downright inaccurate this recent report was! A mandatory reconsideration has been initiated and l have officially stated that I wish the original report to be used in the process as it best describes my conditions which, as I made clear in my reapplication, are now even worse! I now must wait for at least 28 days from the date of stoppage but he said I should have a new decision soon after and that I could call him anytime to discuss my case or add more information! He was also very apologetic, and understanding and suggested that I make an official complaint directly to atos as in his opinion what has happened is completely unacceptable! My ESA was indeed payed in today however £61.00 short as the severe disability premium which is linked to PIP has been removed but at least I still have some money coming in so have been able to calm myself down a bit! It is now obvious to me that these year early reports are not follow-ups to ascertain if the claimant is better, worse, or the same but are in fact treated as new applications with the assessor not only having not looked at your ongoing file but also being unqualified, uninterested and horrendously unfit for purpose!!! As with so many others I would like to take the opportunity to express my sincere gratitude to Same Difference as although I’ve only just discovered you the information I have taken from you has made me much better informed and enabled me to cope and deal with all this so much better than would have been the case otherwise so many many thanks!!! All my best wishes to you guys also going through this awfulness, I’m thinking of you all! Will keep you all updated as information is power it seems as the DWP, as so many are saying, are clearly relying on people not thinking/bothering to appeal their decisions!! Kind regards, James!!!

• James Parsons permalink
        July 27, 2016 9:17 pm

Wendy, Joann!! It will just stop yes! Mine stopped last Tuesday and I had no idea until I opened the letter on Saturday! If the worst happens both of you should call PIP and say “my PIP has been stopped”, “I don’t agree with this decision”, then say either ” I’d like to request a mandatory reconsideration” or you can say and this ones far better, “I don’t agree and desperately need to talk to someone about this, could a decision maker please call me back?”! Be polite, you’re asking for their help! Remember atos, capita or whoever you’re assessment provider is are the bad guys! You can then ask that when it’s looked at again your previous report is used as you’re not happy with this visit, report or service and the previous one better reflects your condition! Again and I can’t stress this enough, you feel you’ve be assessed unfairly and your asking for they’re help and when the next up the chain of command calls you need to tell them as much about why you’re not happy with the decision as possible and say “will you please look at it again as well as at my previous one because I feel the new report is very poor and miss-represents me”!! Also, make a note of the name of your caseworker as because they actually say “I am your caseworker” I intend to ask for him by name when I call next! Good luck both of and all of you!!! Kind Regards, James!!!

• wendy permalink
        July 28, 2016 8:45 am

thanks James how can these so called health professionals have the fate of our life and future and get it away with it it seems bazar that you get awarded it and your condition gets worse yet theres still the chance that they can take it off you I depend on that money to get the help I need but I will fight it and I think what I find hard to get my head around that you get awarded fro three years and they can take it away a whole year early if I loose this I loose my blue badge and then that makes me a recluse because with out those badges I couldn’t walk to the places that I need to go its just so so upsetting the waiting as I have been going through this since April

• James Parsons permalink
        July 28, 2016 3:48 pm

Oh Wendy I know, it’s absolutely shocking! I don’t think any of us are aware of just how bad all the providers actually are! They’re government assassins and the plan is to get rid of as many as possible during the current huge migration from DLA to PIP! The more you learn about the current climate the more you realise that they’re not even being clever about it, they are in fact blatantly lying and cheating all over the show and are recruiting like Mcdonalds! As you said these are peoples lives not a 5 minute check list with a number on it! This is a very worrying precedent! Try not to panic though, DWP aren’t trying to orchestrate a huge cull that’s the job of the providers and the mandatory reconsideration is just a normal part of assessment now however every person who doesn’t bother appealing is money saved and it’s horrendously unfair! There are some unbelievable yet fully verified story’s around right now regarding the despicably underhanded tactics they’re using! The stoppage letter does say that if you get free or reduced vehicle tax then you need to go to the post office and tax it but personally I wouldn’t do anything until somebody tells you to, just plead ignorance because hopefully, if you’re straight on to them, you’ll have a new decision within 6 weeks of the stop date!!! KR, James! A final thought: Are the assessment providers really that bad at their job or are they in fact extremely good at it???

• wendy permalink
        July 31, 2016 6:18 pm

Osbourne said in the budget said he was cutting PIP for the disabled there was an outcry I just think this is an underhanded way of doing it through the back door and its ludicrous if you get disabled tax and they stop your PIP where are you supposed to get the money to pay the tax and what about these people with mobility cars have they got to give them because as far as I know if you sign up for one of these cars and you tied in for 3 years its is totally disgusting I have been stressed out since April and then if they take it off me the stress of going to appeal with just tip me over the top I rely on that money not for luxuries not cigarettes wine sky tv that money helps me to get help help with things I can no longer do

6. Chris permalink
    October 30, 2016 1:14 pm

My pip runs out October 2017. I had appealed against the fusion made 2014. I had to go to magistrates court for this. I won my case and have court order till Oct 2017. But had to fill out forms 4 weeks ago and assessment this Friday. One week notice. I phoned and PIP say court order not worth the paper written on. I will await outcome and then contact the number on my court order. This can’t be right can it ?

7. Bazamataz permalink
    November 1, 2016 6:56 pm

I just filled in a pip form with a no change box. It is my understanding that the company in charge of the medical s has changed for the third time. I have one leg and arthritis in my back hip foot and take Oxicontin 240mg a day for pain but they still want me in a job…who hires people off their head on pain meds with a limb missing, maybe I can get a job with P.I.P they seem to be self medicating….balloons if you are ill they will listen but in case you get a robot just repeat ‘THESE ARE NOT THE DROIDS YOUR LOOKING FOR’

8. November 8, 2016 4:02 pm

I was awarded PIP from Jan 15 until June2017 but have now to go for a consultation on Nov 15th with a Health Professional,this is 2 months after sending my “is there any changes”form so can they stop my pip 8months early than what the actual agreement was?And if so how and why is this allowed.

9. Denise permalink
    December 19, 2016 3:10 am

I claimed pip in 2015 went for an atos assessment an a few weeks later received a letter telling me I failed I was awarded 6 points an needed 8 points. I suffer with severe aniexty an depression I had a hernia in my stomach also found it hard to do certain things I then asked for a mandatory decision with a full page letter telling them why I didn’t agree with there decision they still said no so I applied for an appeal I went for the appeal in August 2015 I was awarded by the tribunal from 22nd Jan 2015 to 22nd Jan 2017 an then in the middle of 2016 I was told to fill in another form (renewal) I couldn’t understand why I had to do this as I was awarded by the court till 2017 I had it filled in by c.a.b I then had to attend another assessment I couldnt understand a word she was saying as she was polish again I failed my payments stopped in July 2016 so sent in another mandatory notice an again nothing so I appealed again waited an waited untill 13th dec attended my appeal an had it taken off me as I failed by 2 points absolute joke why do they award you till 2017 an then take it off you 6 months earlier they should pay you till ur award date ends an then if u have failed stop ur payments but not 6 months earlier I am gonna see someone about this as I don’t think it’s fair at all

10. January 4, 2017 12:34 am

Hello ..can anyone help please my mum was awarded PIP in 2014,she was told it was ongoing whatever that means,we phoned up to ask a few questions,,a few wks later,had a letter from PIP with the start date on and ending date Feb 2017,will her money just stop or do they send her a renewal form,not sure what we should do,,her problems havent changed only got worse… Many Thanks

11. Thomas read permalink
    September 3, 2017 1:13 am

Got a review for p.I.p a year early I got three years in court for severity got24 points. I filled in review and sent doctors letters and hospital ones to. For chronic liver desease they say I may have to have a medical or a consultation at home.would they stop my p.I.p ?

• james parsons permalink
      September 4, 2017 5:36 am

Hi Thomas!!

• james parsons permalink
      September 4, 2017 6:39 am

Just checking I could still post before starting!! U will b sent an appointment 4 a face 2 face this will b at a relevant whatever they call the med places so what u do is this: Call the number on the appointment letter & tell them u can’t possibly attend as yr constantly 2 ill 2 leave the house & require a home visit but do this only if yr GP will back u as they need a doctors letter stating a reason or preferably reasons why u should b given a home visit!! They will give u a fax number, if they don’t offer then ask 4 it, give 2 yr GP & he’ll fax it through!! If yr GP won’t fear not as the important part is yet 2 come but if u can hang it out as a buildup by demanding a home visit it is better!! A few days before yr appointment call again, baring in mind if u’v just done the home visit thing yr’ll have the number on speed dial & u must pester them at least weekly regardless, that’s also very important!! Anyway, just before yr appointment call & say yr taking legal advice & have been told categorically that u must not under any circumstances except a medical assessment until u have it in writing from them that the medical professionals u have named on the returned form have all been contacted & the evidence that they have has been requested & received!! They will tell u they don’t do that & that yr welcome 2 send in anything u like but they don’t actually contact anyone!! U then ask 4 the complaints department & make a complaint on the grounds that they must!! U can c the time on this post, in a couple of hrs I’m calling 2 launch my complaint so this is as far as I’ve got but complaints r apparently taken very seriously!! Next vitally important thing: Following every call 2 yr medical provider u must immediately call PIP & tell them what just happened, they r on yr side but must b kept constantly in the loop or they will stop yr money however if the medical provider corner u 4 a face 2 face yr’ll loose a lot if not all of yr PIP!! We’ve got 2 ride it out until something gives politically!! Hope this helps, will post an update later on!!!

• james parsons permalink
        September 4, 2017 6:41 am

P/s I obtained all this information from SD!!!

1. Some 2016 And 2017 PIP Awards Being Assessed Early | Same Difference | sdbast

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )