A Very Unprofessional Benefits Assessor
So…went for my fit for work assessment yesterday and came home in some sort of calm after the storm daze. Later on my son rings me to ask how it went and we both realised the assessor was very unprofessional.
1. He was a physiotherapist…
knows nothing about my conditions: copd, bronchiectasis or hypogammagloblinaemia…which begs the question…why did they tell me the wrong person was there twice and send me home when it’s obvious they could have sent the bloody CLEANER in…? (sarcasm).
2. He had things on the table to take blood pressure, examine my ears, my chest and pulse, and all he did was ask me to do the blow test once. He also asked my weight but didn’t weigh me.
3. He asked how long I can walk until out of breath, then no more related questions at all.
4. He asked about my typical day, which I began with, I get up, put my dressing gown on, take painkillers for my joints and chest then watch telly until they work. To which he said, you watch a lot of telly, then moved on to different questions…thus definitely NOT finding out about my typical day, just a couple of hours.
5. He did not ask about my pain that day.
6. He was coughing without covering his mouth, and yawning the whole time.
7. and this is the corker…
When he asked me to do things like lifting my arms up and gripping his fingers…he hopped on one leg the whole time.
When I asked, do I have to do that? He replied, no, I’m doing it because I want to. Either he’s nuts, or he was trying to make me do it so he could automatically fail me.
8. When we finished I tried to ask a question and he pushed me out of the door, saying, I’m dying for the toilet.
Does anyone agree that if I have to appeal this guy will be easily discredited?
I wish I could say it was unbelievable.