Benefits Assessor Threatened Claimant And Told Him In Advance That He Would Fail Assessment

May 30, 2016

This is awful. Please share widely.

1. May 30, 2016 7:29 am

No wonder a lot of people commit Suicide after been assessed I have not had a Face to Face assessment for P.I.P or E.S.A yet but know that I will Fail as outwardly I look 100% healthy and have received E.S.A and D.L.A since December 2007 when I had a Stroke and became Epileptic so now my days are spent waiting for the Brown Envelope asking me to attend an assessment as I suffer from severe Anxiety and Depression and I have already made Plans to join the Thousands who have already took their lives because of been Failed by unqualified assessors who would have made good Employees in Hitlers Death Camps deciding who to Exterminate and who to allow to live a bit longer until Worked or Starved to Death

• May 30, 2016 9:19 am

Lawrence, a lot of people get the right result first time, we just don’t hear about them as they have nothing to complain about. If you have invisible illnesses you are more at risk, so now is the time to collect rock solid medical evidence. You have medical evidence from your stroke and presumably your neurologist, you have time to make sure that everything that restricts your ability to work is on your GP medical notes. Don’t despair. If you are thinking of taking your life, please call the samaritans.

• May 30, 2016 12:08 pm

Lawrence you are not alone, I occasionally go here (link below) when I’m struggling but can still hold a rational conversation. I wish you all the luck in the world and hope you get through it all. Same goes to every poor sod suffering in silence just waiting for the brown envelope and knowing full well how it will end.

• May 30, 2016 2:31 pm

Getting rock solid evidence isn’t easy if you have a right wing moron for a GP who insists he has a direct line to Ian Duncan Smith.

So far an appeal which apparently would be a formality has cost £1000 and the judge wants to restrict what’s considered and ignore untreated CAD, my heart operation was after 5.5 hours stopped early leaving untreated CAD but my GP makes it look like it’s treated, I believe deliberately.

My lawyer says think of your worst days, not the way you feel on the day, and they will take advantage of a brain injury.

It looks like my GP is going to get sued for malpractice; failing to investigate or treat conditions which could all be related, and the DVLA for refusing a licence without any reason.

Best of luck; take an independent witness because asking for a recording couldn’t work considering the lies the assessor told, contradictions in the report that because of the strange way the law works cannot be considered as evidence of telling lies.

Incidentally the judge mocked my heart condition on the way in and said the clerk had nothing to do with the hearing or DWP so often I got the idea she really did have.

• June 6, 2016 2:35 pm

Lawrence… I am writing to tell you how to cope from here on in. Lean on a partner, relative, friend you can rely on.Don’t worry about failing. Prepare positively for a fight. YOU WILL WIN. WE WON AFTER AN 11 MONTH FIGHT. It’s an incredibly long strung out claim this uncaring government have subjected the disabled to. The assessment will probably come back a disappointment, at times you will think they are talking about a different person. They will omit things you told them, and inexplicably find you able to do stuff that you can’t. Don’t fall into the depression my wife did, as it is designed to make you want to give up. Fortunately Debbie had me. Instead of getting depressed I got ANGRY. OK, next step is you cannot appeal straight-away???? You have to ask for a ‘Mandatory reconsideration’ This is another 3 to 4 weeks of delaying tactics. Then you appeal, wait 3 or 4 weeks, it’s turned down. NOW YOU’VE ARRIVED AT THE WINNING POST! You request a tribunal. Get your local MP involved… they may even represent you. We got in touch with the Money Advice officer at our local council. She will have represented many in your situation. Or you can contact some one from the Citizen’s Advice Bureau who will represent you. Ask for letters from your doctor, consultant, mental health worker… in fact any medical professionals who treat you. You’ll get all of these in a week or so. Put the main emphasis on your mental health, and the thing you need help with. The tribunal (Judge, Doctor, DWP rep) will take 1 hr. and they give you a decision 20 mins. later. You WILL get what you are genuinely entitled to. In my wife’s case, the assessor awarded 8 points for Daily Living Component and 0 points for Mobility Component

Tribunal awarded 13 points and 12 points respectively. and gave both Enhanced Care & Mobility. It took 11 months. So don’t let these Tory millionaires weigh you down. Fight them and you WILL win. Good Luck.

2. John Roche permalink
    May 30, 2016 9:13 am

How he should be sacked

3. May 30, 2016 10:42 am

There are some serious conditions that can only be assessed by a doctor, that rule applied to Atos but I don’t know about Maximus. Those conditions included heart failure, stroke and yes, Aspergers. That rule meant that assessments couldn’t be done by nurses or physiologists.

4. Korienia mcneilly permalink
    May 30, 2016 5:29 pm

So happy this has been brought to light. It’s so so wrong what the disabled of this country are being put through. Hang in there Mark you have right on your side.

5. Chris McCabe permalink
    May 30, 2016 5:37 pm

Complain to yr MP, & to the firm running assessments.

6. May 30, 2016 6:05 pm

Reblogged this on Christopher John Ball and commented:
    Another appalling story about an assessor and their abusive attitude towards a disabled individual. Please read and share widely.

7. May 30, 2016 8:10 pm

Reblogged this on campertess and commented:
    Why are these people getting away with this? I feel so sorry for Mark & there will be many others in the same situation as him.

8. May 30, 2016 8:33 pm

It is not clear whether the claimant asked for mandatory reconsideration or if he went on to appeal. People on the autistic spectrum are often dealt with harshly as the assessors, who should not have been assessing them, usually know nothing about autism.When you have a so-called health professional with no realisation of how ignorant they are trying to do a face-to-face interview with someone whom it may have taken weeks for someone who knows them well to have been able to complete the application forms, and the person being interviewed may lack insight into the amount of support they need and they may answer, but only briefly and literally and saying enough to get the assessor to move on to get it all over and done with , the whole thing is a very damaging farce, for it then takes a third party to intervene and spell out all of the difficulties, which can be devastating for the person with autism to hear. Physios,nurses, OTs, paramedics and most doctors have no relevant knowledge, but they do not employ specialist psychologists, social workers and mental health nurses or learning disability nurses who may have relevant knowledge. GPs are in the middle of a three-year training programme , but many psychologists,and psychiatrists do not know enough to be able to assess people on the autistic spectrum. One person was told that because he had dyspraxia, amongst many sensory and other issues as well as Asperger Syndrome, turned up for an ESA assessment, only for it to be cancelled, as he needed to be seen by a doctor because of his dyspraxia, but doctors do not usually diagnose this at all and an Educational Psychologist would be more appropriate. The system is an abusive farce. In that case, I pointed out that as a teacher with social qualifications and a lifetime of caring for people on the autistic spectrum, I was far more qualified than their staff to do an assessment. They did a paper assessment and he was put in the Support Group. The local MPs need to be involved in every problematic case, so that they get a realistic idea of how vulnerable people are being treated so inappropriately.

9. PoochJD permalink
    May 31, 2016 8:25 pm

Most ATOS assessors know nothing, period! They’re clueless cretins, who would find a half-rotting corpse “fit to work”, if given half a chance! ATOS – so called because they reallly don’t give a toss about you!

All I can say, is appeal, appeal, appeal! I know it’ll be hard, but you’ll almost certainly win it, if what you’ve posted is accurate (and I have no reason to doubt you). Bear in mind, every other ATOS appeal is won by the claimant! That’s right – one in every two appeals, goes in the claimant’s favour!

10. June 1, 2016 1:16 am

Reblogged this on sideshowtog.

11. June 3, 2016 3:03 am

Reblogged this on Mark Catlin's Blog and commented:
    Every person that voted Tory and every person who’s ever even slightly agreed with the so-called “reforms” should read this and reminded this could happen to you or someone you love. Reading this post I felt equal parts revulsion and anger in the way another human was treated….as a race we’re supposed to be evolving ffs not behaving like uncivilized thugs towards each other.

12. June 3, 2016 7:57 am

Reblogged this on disabledsingleparent.

1. Benefits Assessor Threatened Claimant And Told Him In Advance That He Would Fail Assessment | Same Difference | sdbast
  2. Benefits Assessor Threatened Claimant And Told Him In Advance That He Would Fail Assessment | disabledsingleparent

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )