ESA Assessor To Claimant: “Do You Smoke?”

June 9, 2016

1. dino goldie permalink
    June 9, 2016 1:48 am

PIP/ESA assessors ask sideways questions like this to make generalisations/judgements about the assessee. They also ask “have you got any pets?” And if you answer “yes,” this is interpreted to mean that you are not only fully capable of looking after yourself, you also possess the ability to care for another (be it animal or person). Atos/Maximus/Capita/DWP are all devils.

• October 14, 2016 10:27 am

Hi, As with do you have pets or a pet? This is a way of the HCP as they are called to then know if you do then you are capable of walking. This is dependant of what pet you have, I am refering to a dog. If you got fish then your ok.

2. June 9, 2016 3:04 am

Ah Yes ! The caring conpervatives, dung-can Schmidt strikes again and fiddler crabb has done nothing to alleviate this nonsensical intrusion which is solely designed to prevent or sanction people who attempt to access these “benefits”

3. jeffrey davies permalink
    June 9, 2016 6:27 am

name and number please do i ask while who ever with me looks up to see if they registered do same back

4. DEE BARRY permalink
    June 9, 2016 9:03 am

I had put on my form that one of my many medical problems is RSI, the first question this “medically trained assessor” asked me was “what does RSI stand for?” as she didn’t know! I have just been told I am being moved to the WRAG group even though I am worse now than before and not ever going to get better, they just make it up as they go along.

5. June 9, 2016 11:00 am

Claimants should be phoning two days before the assessment and asking for it recording. If they get there and there is no machine complain to both the CEO of maximus and the DWP, also make sure if the machine is there it has two boundary mics with it if it doesn’t claim incomplete equipment and demand they rearrange, they may even try and ask you to have the assessment without it been recorded, under no circumstances go ahead, get them to rearrange. They may get the DWP to issue a BF223 or just tell them you failed to turn up, that’s why I covertly record myself. You can tell them you turned up and there was no recording equipment of parts were missing, and you are now issuing a claim for compensation from both Maximus and the DWP.

6. June 11, 2016 12:07 am

Thanks for all these. If I get the question about pets I will tell them my Registered Assistance Dog is actually looking after me and is my carer which is the truth. My dog alerts me and supports me several times a day

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )