One Claimant’s Experience On The Phone To The DWP

August 22, 2016

This comment was left recently at Fightback’s facebook page:

I put in a formal complaint about the way I was spoken to by a dwp worker on the phone. He said if I wanted to waste his time and my time explaining my illness then that was up to me but he wasn’t interested. Spoke over me at every occasion he could. Left me in tears but I was so angry I put in the complaint and he was made to write me a letter of apology and he was put on extra training after a full apology from his manager after her listening to the phone call. And funnily enough my appeal was quashed and was awarded what I was entitled to. Always be polite and they don’t have a leg to stand on when the calls are listened to and always put in a complaint. No one has the right to talk to anyone this way. They are disgusting individuals some of them.

Same Difference would urge anyone who experiences a similar phone call with the DWP to follow the advice given above!

1. jeffrey davies permalink
    August 22, 2016 6:39 am

sounds very familiar we had a jacks phone up whot a very nice lady or not did all above we complained about her it went far about her even to the house of ill repute i wonder are all dm like this one then god help us jeff3

2. August 22, 2016 12:12 pm

Reblogged this on Christopher John Ball.

3. August 22, 2016 12:39 pm

Reblogged this on disabledsingleparent.

4. August 22, 2016 12:40 pm

Tweeted @melissacade68

5. August 22, 2016 12:43 pm

This is why I never put down any contact numbers on forms. My land-line is disconnected after I make a call but I would always use the mobile first and block my caller ID, if I forget then if they wring up I reject the call and put it in the blocked list.

6. Gerronimmo The Goat permalink
    August 22, 2016 5:06 pm

If you have a landline phone you can record the conversation on your pc or mobile phone. I do this on every official call. Surprising how it works.

7. August 26, 2016 12:55 am

Reblogged this on The Greater Fool.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )