Skip to content

Coronavirus: Twelve Die At Stanley Care Home

April 14, 2020

Twelve residents of a County Durham care home have now died after displaying symptoms of coronavirus.

Managers at Stanley Park care home in Stanley said they were “devastated” by the deaths.

The first death was in late March with the latest five confirmed by home operator Care UK on Sunday.

It has not been disclosed how many other residents at the 72-bed home are ill. One resident who tested positive for the virus is in hospital.

Care UK regional director Karen Morrison said: “We are completely devastated that this many residents have lost their lives to what we believe to be Covid-19.

“Our thoughts and condolences are with all those families who have lost someone.

“The team at the home continue to be absolutely amazing and I cannot thank them enough.

“Despite all that has happened, they continue to deliver the very best care in a kind and professional way.

“They have had all the necessary PPE and have been using it meticulously ever since the first case was seen at the end of last month.”

No comments yet

What are you thinking?

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: