Advertisements

JobCentre Advisor ‘Disciplined For Not Sanctioning Enough’

August 1, 2014

Spotted at Welfare News Service Facebook page. Published here with many thanks to editor Steven Preece.

A JC adviser has just told me to my face that she has been disciplined for not referring enough jobseekers for potential benefit sanctioning. She was not willing to disclose the exact nature of that disciplinary action. This comes after IDS has insisted that there are no targets for advisers. She didn’t know at the time that I am a journalist, but after informing her of who I am (WNS Editor) she has requested that I do not disclose her identity, out of fear she would be sacked. If there are any other JC staff reading this who would like to disclose similar information I would be more than willing to grant full anonymity.

editor@welfarenewsservice.com

Advertisements
  1. Stephen Bee permalink
    August 1, 2014 9:20 pm

If the discipline is harsh enough or she loses her job…I hope her colleagues come out on strike action in support..just saying..:-)

2. August 1, 2014 10:20 pm

3. August 1, 2014 10:45 pm

I would still find it difficult to trust an advisor, Job Centre or Work Programme, after they cost me 6 months JSA when it was the work Programme failing to function, not me.
    I hope the advisor ends up on JSA and sanctioned, far too angry to feel sorry for one of them.

• cheekipixi50kim bell permalink
      August 2, 2014 11:24 am

I totally agree with you Leslie Bailey

• jray permalink
      August 2, 2014 3:33 pm

Every time I sign on.I would like to discuss my search for employment with the Adviser(sic) ask advice and so on,but previous experiences have taught me to keep my mouth shut! Every interview should begin with “Anything you say can and will be used against you”

4. Garnet permalink
    August 1, 2014 11:48 pm

Well I’m currently suing the job centre and soon as I have win my case which I will I will put the storey in the public domain as I will prove that the DWP are corrupt and using any dirty tactics to make it hard for people to claim benefits and to reduce the number of people on benefits. Does anyone have any good reason why they have removed the free telephones out of the benefit offices ?

Publically, I dare the DWP to allow my case to go to court. I’m excited and can’t wait. The case has already been lodge in the county court. I stand as a roll model for other! I not waiting for job centre staff to come out and confess to their oppressive practice and discriminatory practices.

5. August 2, 2014 9:14 am

Reblogged this on Benefit tales.

6. August 2, 2014 5:25 pm

Reblogged this on kickingthecat.

1. JobCentre Advisor ‘Disciplined For Not Sanctioning Enough’ | Same Difference | Steve Connolly's Blog
  2. Something Terrible Happened In The UK On Thursday, July 31st | Same Difference

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )