Advertisements

Something Terrible Happened In The UK On Thursday, July 31st

August 6, 2014

Readers, there is a very small disability link in this story, but the link exists. Mark Harper, Isabella Acevedo’s former employer, is now Minister For Disabled People.

Personally, I don’t only care about Disability Rights, even though Disability Rights are the area in which I live my professional life. In my peersonal life, I care about Human Rights.

No matter what your personal views on immigration, think for one minute about whether you would like to be treated in this way. Would you like your mother, daughter or close family member or friend to be treated in this way?

Readers, I am a disabled person. I’ve just found out that the Minister responsible for the issues affecting me, who is now on the Government’s front bench, stood by and did nothing, or at very least nothing that has been revealed, while his former employee was treated like this.

Readers, if that is how he allows his employees to be treated, with all his political powers- I have to wonder- what does he think about the people he is now responsible for?

I am one of those people. My closest friends, and, readers, most of you, are some of those people.

I care very, very much about the people Mark Harper is now responsible for, readers. I hope with all my heart that he will use wisely the power he now has to improve our lives.

Our lives, at the moment, are pretty terrible, readers. I hope with all my heart that Mark Harper will not stand by and watch our lives get worse, as he seems to have done with Isabella Acevedo.

Advertisements
  1. ChrisR permalink
    August 6, 2014 10:37 am

There’s no mention here of who Isabella Avecedo is or exactly what happened to her. If the article wants our sympathy, it should at least provide some facts, or we’re just left scratching our heads.

2. August 6, 2014 10:51 am

Sorry Chris R, do you see the Facebook status? Please click ‘See more’ on it and the full status will come up with full details.

3. ChrisR permalink
    August 6, 2014 11:07 am

Hi. No, I don’t have a Facebook Status thing? (There’s a Share on Facebook button, but you don’t mean that?). I actually arrived at this page FROM FB, as I’m signed up to the Anti-Atos Alliance page there.

• August 6, 2014 11:20 am

About half way down the post, I’ve embedded a Facebook status which has full details of the story. Do you see the embedded link?

4. ChrisR permalink
    August 6, 2014 11:56 am

Hi, yes I see a general FB box for your page? Unfortunately it took me to a story about Quentin Blake. Even scrolling down a short way I couldn’t see this story.

• August 6, 2014 12:18 pm

Are you using a computer or a phone to read this?

• ChrisR permalink
        August 6, 2014 2:31 pm

Computer. The browser is Safari 5.

• ChrisR permalink
        August 6, 2014 2:37 pm

If it’s any help, the Status here says “Last week, when Same Difference reached 1M…” – but that’s not the story I get taken to either! I don’t think you can link to individual FB posts, just to pages? Yet even so, I can’t see this story on your S.D. FB page.

• August 6, 2014 2:52 pm

You sre lookng in the wrong place. The status is embedded within the post itself. I have shared it from Steve Howard.

• ChrisR permalink
        August 6, 2014 3:54 pm

I’m not seeing a link in the article? There are ones under the words “pretty terrible”, but they’re not to this story. 😦

• August 6, 2014 3:57 pm

How strange that it’s not working for you. I’m very sorry that you’ve had this trouble accessing my site. I’ll try my best to look into it.

• ChrisR permalink
        August 6, 2014 5:08 pm

Ok, thanks. I could try your FB page but I couldn’t see the story there either!