Advertisements

Assessor Asked Claimant What Was Stopping Him Killing Himself

November 15, 2016

Advertisements
  1. Justin Greenwood permalink
    November 15, 2016 2:34 am

My immediate answer to that would be the thought that i am going to get you struck of for being unprofessional and then terminating the medical assessment for unethical behaviour

• jeffrey davies permalink
      November 15, 2016 6:34 am

but then they would say you was a no show its happening to many that its become a brian rix but complaining about these highly trained hcp is the only way forward attacking them through their companies and unions

2. November 15, 2016 7:21 am

3. November 15, 2016 10:25 am

Reblogged this on campertess.

4. November 15, 2016 10:35 am

The thing is the system can’t be beaten because you are fighting the government. You can try & eventually it will go to a tribunal which you will probably win but then they will call you back for a new wca. It’s not about saving money for the government because they are spending god knows how much on appeals. They don’t even listen to the report from the un so how can we ever win.

5. November 15, 2016 12:33 pm

After being left with spinal, brain and leg injuries needing 30+operations I need help with washing. Toileting, dressing and eating and obviously a wheelchair user, an ESA medical assessor said I was fit for work because I could hit a button with a closed fist! Took me 2 years to get my benefits sorted.

6. Colin Wilson permalink
    November 15, 2016 4:01 pm

I actually got the same question from an occupational health nurse working for my employer.

7. November 15, 2016 4:47 pm

I would have said the thought of coming here today and killing you was too good an opportunity to fecking pass up

• November 17, 2016 7:53 pm

Know that one, Wildthing! Black humour is our only defence! They may well ask! I’ve thought this one through since I first heard this one years ago and particularly since a relative ended his life. The answer is: physical inability to access resources to do a cert job. I have to wheel _past_ the “basic equipment” used by relative and I know I can’t lift it! You have to be physically able/amateur chemist to get it right. Even an habitual drug user finds it none too easy and doesn’t risk the possibility of an botched OD. Shows how much they know! Ironically nearly killed on a level crossing once and that would have been 100% accident!

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )