Advertisements

DWP To Have Access To Claimants’ Internet History

December 5, 2016

With many thanks to Benefits And Work.

The Investigatory Powers Bill, which is about to become law with virtually no opposition from MPs, gives a huge range of agencies, including the DWP, the right to see an individual’s entire internet browsing history.

Senior Executive Officers in Fraud and Error Services at the DWP will be able to see a list of every website claimants have visited in the past year, although the details will not include the individual pages that claimants have visited on a particular website.

Considering the large amount of benefit claimants who regularly visit Same Difference, we find this idea a very scary one. Considering the amount of articles we publish which say unpleasant things about the DWP and its policies, we are more than a little bit relieved to see that individual pages will not be revealed to them!

Advertisements
  1. juliankkelly permalink
    December 5, 2016 12:35 am

Use Chrome browser at all times, install the Browsec VPN extension and switch it on (change default server to Singapore). Fixed.

• December 5, 2016 11:37 pm

Can they not ask the VPN for details? Most keep logs. Opera has its own VPN too, but the same problem applies there.

2. December 5, 2016 1:54 am

Reblogged this on michaelsnaith.

3. nearlydead permalink
    December 5, 2016 4:44 am

Reblogged this on nearlydead.

4. December 5, 2016 10:01 am

No doubt the Pension Service of the DWP will also be involved, especially as while the State pension is an entitlement (for now) the top-up Pension Guarantee Credit is a means-tested benefit which will come under scrutiny by the Jobcentre’s fraud spooks.

• December 5, 2016 10:19 pm

well i would like them to accuse ME of fraud… at 74 and on a low pension otherwise. how on earth are they going to find people getting guarantee credit unlawfully? either THEY are giving us enough pension or they arent. they decide surely. i know they did with me. have you paid enough stamps yes or no…. they look that answer out .they have all they need there at their finger tips. we dont have much input on what our pension will be or is.

5. December 5, 2016 10:13 am

Reblogged this on Benefit tales.

6. Justin Greenwood permalink
    December 5, 2016 11:16 am

this bill is supposed to be about catching criminals, terrorists etc,so i do find it amusing that dwp will have access to internet history, so for them i shall make a point of looking at dpac, dns, black triangle etc as what i do on the internet is my business, at any point should they talk to me about my internet history they will have to convince me about why they looked and the criminal reasoning that they have to justify there research into my net history, they are walking on very tight ground as Theresa May stated as long as your not doing anything wrong then you have nothing to worry about, so by implication of using web search data they could be implying your doing something wrong, to my mind this will also deter me from using the net for searches etc, i just go to the library or internet cafe, kin short my business is none of there business and if they tell me about what i have been looking at i will ask them two questions what criminal activity has this a relation to and why if you feel l i have been involved in criminal activity are you talking to me, go to the police and file charges, before i ask them to leave if i even let them in, it is just another invasion of privacy by a small minded government who are no doubt going to spend millions just like they do on atos/capita and maximus paying undertrained assessors to do fake assessments and then having tribunals and in my case at least on fitness to work misconduct hearing and if i have anything to do with it a few more going to hit them , so i expect to be on there most interested list, bring it on!!!

7. Keith Edwards permalink
    December 5, 2016 11:42 am

I have it on good authority that it is already being done

8. December 5, 2016 12:35 pm

Reblogged this on campertess.

9. Ricky permalink
    December 5, 2016 12:43 pm

use Firefox , and anonymox add on to use different ip

10. Ricky permalink
    December 5, 2016 12:45 pm

better still just say you had phone and internet cut off, n now use library, try reading my data now eh

11. Justin Greenwood permalink
    December 5, 2016 1:16 pm

what you also need to be aware of they have a history of sites you looked at, nothing to stop them going onto that site and reading your posts, so create a new email address with a different name

12. December 5, 2016 1:32 pm

Gosh this is AWFUL, Big Brother is watching YOU! Where does Data Protection come into all this???? I would not like this and I most certainly would not like them snooping in my private life, emails, facebook, work, etc Disgusting

13. JakeGreen permalink
    December 5, 2016 1:44 pm

Tor browser

14. December 5, 2016 11:39 pm

Where are they going to get the staff to do this? They are absurdly undermanned as it is.

15. jeffrey davies permalink
    December 6, 2016 8:47 am

its all part of their aktion t4 nowing who you talked to or posted to can and will bring that knovk at the door whose there g4s for yet the next step

16. December 8, 2016 9:06 am

Reblogged this on The Thoughts Of Mr Bloggy and commented:
    Is Big Brother really coming, or is it altready here?
    This article tells us that the DWP will have access to know every website you have visited.
    Imagine that.
    They can follow my sites as much as they like, but some sites I just go on to do research for articles would also appear on this list even though I may not support that site’s opinions and/or contents.
    Therefore this strikes me as a scarey prospect.
    Could they say that as I can blog, I can get a job? (answer: not necessarily. I can blog when feeling able to – physically, which is not within a working hours capability)
    There must be many questions to ask.
    If this action is approved, not only could it result in false results, it would have disasterous consequences for many disabled people.
    People do not support a site just by visiting it.
    Beware – Big Brother Is Watching You!

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )