RIP Sheila Holt

March 18, 2015

Readers, I have just read that Sheila Holt, who had severe bipolar and a heart attack which left her in a coma, after being pushed into the Work Programme, died last Monday.

Sheila Holt’s was perhaps one of the most high profile cases of what I like to call ‘DWP madness.’ The Mirror had been following the case for some time.

Same Difference has also been following the case for over a year. It is a case that stayed with me. I think it is a case that will always stay with me.

I often thought of Sheila Holt after I first heard of her case. I often wondered what happened to her.

Readers, now I know. Now we all know.

Hers is another life lost to DWP madness. Hers is another life that was made much more stressful and much less pleasant at its end because of DWP madness.

I have no further words- except these three- RIP Sheila Holt.

1. Jeffery Davies permalink
    March 18, 2015 5:52 am

I wish I could say its all over but more deaths more abuse to come for those unfortunate to be unemployed sick disabled mentaly ill more abuse more deaths yet we hope for this madness to end but greed got in our politicians way will another party end this I think not they talk of patching up but I hope this madness ends sooner than later but far to many have lost out been abused and died will they stoop it I realy hope they do rip

2. lena52 permalink
    March 18, 2015 7:24 am

I had 21 months of torment from the DWP prior to my going on to the state pension .. I feel certain that they wanted me to die and were doing everything they legally could do make me either die from stress or to kill myself.

3. March 18, 2015 7:26 am

Reblogged this on nearlydead.

4. March 18, 2015 8:05 am

May the D.W.P. & I.D.S. hang their heads in shame. How many more people have to die before this vile individual is made to answer for his crimes against humanity.

5. jaypot2012 permalink
    March 18, 2015 7:36 pm

R.I.P. now Sheila – not one of the murdering bastards can get at you now. You didn’t deserve this 😦
    I hope that this is spread everywhere and that many people get to see it and read about it as it would do the Cons no good at all.
    I hope with all my heart that evil and bad things will happen to IDS and that he will suffer the way so many thousands have suffered just for being disabled or long-term sick.

6. jaypot2012 permalink